Re: first shot down...many to go !!!

  • Claudine Crews
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 3, 2000
      Dear Peggy,
      Oh well, at least the anticipating is over with. I hope it works ok
      for you doing it in the afternoon. I wish I had done my first injection
      during the day. There was no sleeping through those muscle
      cramps/stiffness/pain/fever, etc. I've wondered if getting up and walking
      would have made the muscle cramping easier to deal with.
      You're strong and will get through it fine, and the next one will be much
      easier. Or, maybe you're going to be one of those lucky ones without major
      sides! Which ever way it goes, I'm mentally with you.
      Good luck! (drink your water)
      Claudine

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 3, 2000
        Peggy, the first shot was the hardest. When you do the shot your self
        don't forget to put the ice pack on the spot you give your self the shot
        for about 5 min. I eat ginger snaps when my stomach feels up set. I suck
        on a lemon drop to get the yak taste out of my mouth. I think it is from
        the pill. If you start getting dry skin get Aveeno cream and the packets
        for the bath water it works great. Don't forget WATER lots and lots of
        it. Gatorade helps allot. I belong to a be in charge program. This lady
        calls me once a month to see how I am doing. She is the one that told me
        these things I am doing they seam to work good for me. So hang in their
        it will get better. Don"t for get the WATER.

        EZ-DOES IT
      • LEST2001@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 3, 2000
          Hang in there Peggy, you're not alone, and everyone is quite right DRINK
          ALL THE WATER YOU CAN, then drink some more.
          "Life is short, and the world is rough, and if your going to make it
          you gotta be tough!"
          Les
        • Suzy Balone
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 3, 2000
            will be interested to see how you are doing I am thinking of starting
            combo but am scared so many side effects, doesn't work a lot of the time
            have to pay out of pocket so am thinking of waiting till a cure with a
            better percenage comes along

            >From: "peggy greene" <peggy@...>
            >To: <GIWorld-Hepatitis@onelist.com>
            >Subject: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] first shot down...many to go !!!
            >Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 15:12:36 -0500
            >
            >under great protest from me i took my first shot this afternoon at the
            >doctors' office.....i'm home already and getting in bed...i have been sick
            >with a cold now for a few days so i don't think the sides will bother me
            >more than the cold....i have my night stand set up with fluids and
            >candy....the remote control...and the phone....if things get bad i will
            >bring down the porta potty.....otherwise....all is well....it didn't hurt
            >with the pen.....i will be updating you as often as possible
            >

            >hugs
            >peggy

          • Suzy Balone
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 11, 2000
              WAs wondering how many people the combo treatment has helped and the side
              effects or lack of them people have experienced. Thinking very strongly
              about starting it and was wondering how effective to what percent of the
              people have tried it.
              Thank You

              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 13, 2000
                Susy, I'm on combo, and at the three months testing, my virus is
                undetectable....it's only a beginning, but at least it's in the right
                direction! The sides are not fun, but they're "do-able" I've learned to do
                my shots in the afternoon instead of just before bed. I work on Mondays,
                Wednesdays, and Fridays and have a shot when I get home from work, about 4:30
                p.m.....don't work Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday and don't feel good those
                days..need lots of sleep and lots of Tylenol.....I stay in bed late on
                Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings, and then USUALLY can be up and about
                by afternoon, not running marathons, but up and about. Sundays are good
                days. Mondays are good and they start the cycle again. I'm 52 years old and
                2b and female....younger people can sometimes keep working full time.....it's
                different for everybody. Hang in there, think positive, and pray if you
                believe in God. Arrange your schedule to suit yourself, as much as you can.
                Aside from the aches and pains and fatigue, I have had a urinary tract
                infection, some hair loss, some skin changes, and a pesty fungus having a
                party on my person! Aside from that, no problem! Go for it! Diane
              • Suzy Balone
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 15, 2000
                  Thanks Diansa for the vote of confidence as well as Claudine and Marty
                  still have to write them their personal letters such nice people and good
                  support I hav decided to take the combo go to the dr on Monday to let him
                  know so dont know when I'll start but soon i hope now that i've made the
                  decision

                  Suzy

                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 17, 2000
                    Way to go Suzy!