Sore Throat?

  • Constance Dickson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 29, 2001
      Hi Doc and All,
      I am writing because I need to know what I should
      do, if anything. Well, yesterday my throat got really
      sore and this morning when I woke up my throat feels
      like fire has been shoved down it and my ears are
      fully involved with being sore also. I can feel a
      tightness in my chest starting and also have a slight
      non-productive cough. Last night my temp worked out
      to be 98.3 F, both by mouth and under my arm. This
      morning temp works out to be 97.7 F. I don't know if
      you all recall but my body does lots of things
      backwards :). Dunno why it is, but I just do..
      Thank You, Connie
      PS: I sent bloodwork results along so maybe it will
      help in making a decision in what I should do.

      > 2/19/01 3/1/01 3/9/01 7/16/01
      > > >WBC/NRBC 6.1.....5.2........3.8.........3.0
      > RBC 4.83....4.59.......3.87.......3.48
      > > >PLATELETS 132.....128........120..........71
      > > >AST 108.....80.........91...........53
      > ALT 91.....67.........69...........37
      > HGB 12.2
      > HCV 36.1
      > MCH 24.9
      > MCHC 33.7
      > RDW 14.5
      > MPV 8.0
      > NEURTO % 34.0
      > LYMPHS % 53.5
      > MONO % 8.8
      > EOS % 3.3
      > BASO % 0.4
      > NEUTRO # 1.0
      > LYMPHS # 1.6
      > MONO # 0.3
      > BASO # 0
      > BUN 9
      > T4 11.3
      > TSH 1.13

      http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
    • Doc
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 29, 2001
        Tests seem all okay.
        Connie,
        Maybe it is just a seasonal sore throat
        take an anti-allergic..saline gargles..and hope you feel better.

        Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

        Subject: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Sore Throat?

        Hi Doc and All,
        I am writing because I need to know what I should
        do, if anything. Well, yesterday my throat got really
        sore and this morning when I woke up my throat feels
        like fire has been shoved down it and my ears are
        fully involved with being sore also. I can feel a
        tightness in my chest starting and also have a slight
        non-productive cough. Last night my temp worked out
        to be 98.3 F, both by mouth and under my arm. This
        morning temp works out to be 97.7 F. I don't know if
        you all recall but my body does lots of things
        backwards :). Dunno why it is, but I just do..
        Thank You, Connie
        PS: I sent bloodwork results along so maybe it will
        help in making a decision in what I should do.

        > 2/19/01 3/1/01 3/9/01 7/16/01
        > > >WBC/NRBC 6.1.....5.2........3.8.........3.0
        > RBC 4.83....4.59.......3.87.......3.48
        > > >PLATELETS 132.....128........120..........71
        > > >AST 108.....80.........91...........53
        > ALT 91.....67.........69...........37
        > HGB 12.2
        > HCV 36.1
        > MCH 24.9
        > MCHC 33.7
        > RDW 14.5
        > MPV 8.0
        > NEURTO % 34.0
        > LYMPHS % 53.5
        > MONO % 8.8
        > EOS % 3.3
        > BASO % 0.4
        > NEUTRO # 1.0
        > LYMPHS # 1.6
        > MONO # 0.3
        > BASO # 0
        > BUN 9
        > T4 11.3
        > TSH 1.13

        http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

      • AndromedaGurl
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2001
          See yer Doc. Could be allergies. I seemed to be more sensitive to
          allergy/sinus stuff while I was on treatment. Good luck hope you feel
          better.

          alley
        • Constance Dickson
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 2, 2001
            Hi there Alley and thanks, hows work going?
            Well I broke down and went to the Dr today. I was
            coughing up mucus with blood in it. So it scared me
            enough to go in. It moved down in my lungs like
            everything seems to (still have the sore ears and
            throat though). He told me I have a bad case of
            Bronchitis, gave me a script for antibiotics. Told me
            to come in monday if not better. LOL...and to call if
            I am, he is getting to know me to well. I avoid Dr's
            if there is any way possible.
            I am having a PCR done tomorrow if I feel well enough
            to go.
            --- AndromedaGurl <andromedagurl@...> wrote:
            > See yer Doc. Could be allergies. I seemed to be more
            > sensitive to
            > allergy/sinus stuff while I was on treatment. Good
            > luck hope you feel
            > better.
            >
            > alley

            http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
          • AndromedaGurl
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 5, 2001
              Glad you went to the doc :) I hope you will feel better soon!

              Work is going good. Lots of ginseng and other stimulants to keep me going.
              Recharge on weekends.

              alley