Tranquilizers

  • rep@pacinter.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 25, 2001
      Hi Everyone,
      I am in need of some advice on drugs. I have a doctor's appointment next
      week and thought I should be prepared. In the last couple of years my
      patience has dwindled and I find myself getting angry over things that I
      would have have just ignored before. My stress level is fairly high as I run
      two different companies so am going all the time. Can you tell me what has
      worked for you, if you've experienced anything like this. I don't want to
      take the day in and day out type of anti-depressant drugs, I want something
      that I can take and an hour later it will have taken the edge off. This is
      to be used maybe once a week or even once a month, because that is about how
      often this arises. Also as we all know something that is liver friendly is
      important.
      Doc your imput would be greatly appreciated also.
      Thanks
      Bob
    • Doc
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 25, 2001
        Xanax 0.25 once in a while should be okay to take, it may be what you have been looking for.

        Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 25, 2001
          Bob,

          I know what you mean about getting angry easy over little stuff. I don't
          remember if you are on treatment...but, I found this same thing happening to
          me about a month after starting the combo. I would obsess over the
          littliest situations. I let my doctor know right away when I turned into
          "the bitch monster from hell"!

          Unfortunately, I have been on 3 anti-depressants: Zoloft, Wellbutrin, and
          now the dr. has me on Serzone. Dr. told me that it takes about 4 weeks for
          these daily doses to build up enough in a person's body to become effective.
          I just try to keep my mouth shut at work and at home and just smile.

          I just take these med's once a day when I have to swallow all my other combo
          pills. It is no big deal.

          I liked Zoloft because it had virtually no bad effects on me, but had to
          switch to Wellbutrin because Zoloft interacts with my migraine medication.
          I did not tolerate Wellbutrin at all. Made me so sick I'd rather just turn
          into the "monster". I have only been on the Serzone 2 days...so have to
          wait and see.

          Hope this helps. I don't know of any medication that works fast on moods
          for occasional use. My mom is a manic depressive and the dr. has never
          found anything that works on her short term either. She is on Lithium and
          Millereal. Millereal is an anti-psychotic. I think poor mom has a bit of
          schitzophrenia (spelling?) too, but is fine as long as she takes her med's.

          Edie

        • Jane2370@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 25, 2001
            In a message dated 7/25/01 11:29:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
            rep@... writes:

            > , I want something
            > that I can take and an hour later it will have taken the edge off.

            Xanax will do just that. It's not every day.
            Peace, Jane

          • rep@pacinter.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 26, 2001
              Thanks for the help. God Bless you all.
              Bob

              > In a message dated 7/25/01 11:29:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
              > rep@... writes:
              >

              > > , I want something
              > > that I can take and an hour later it will have taken the edge off.
              >
              > Xanax will do just that. It's not every day.
              > Peace, Jane

            • AndromedaGurl
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 2, 2001
                I had a hard time with "combo rage" on treatment, not as hard as some but
                enough lol. And just now I'm seeing myself ablet o calm myself more like I
                used to be able to, and not stay upset even when intellectually I know it's
                silly.

                I took Zoloft, Celexa and Effexor, not at the same time haha. You just have
                to find what works for you, and remember it's only temporary. I know
                sometimes I'd love to just zonk myself out and let the world go by till I
                felt better. Kind of a "time out".

                Let us know what works for you (I avoid tranqs, they make me angry, dunno
                why)

                alley