Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Newbie

  • Jane2370@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 11, 2001
      In a message dated 7/12/01 1:07:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      dickb54@... writes:

      > . My biopsy is grade 2
      > stage 2, and I am waiting at this time for the peg-riba to be
      > approved, as I think it will be superior to Rebetron.

      My biopsy result was the same. The sides on the peg will be less, so that's
      a comfort. Look for comfort when you can, right? Good luck on the peg,
      whatever your decision is. I think everyone does some kind of herbal mix
      when they find out. Also during tx. and post-tx. I know I got a bunch of
      herb bottles and extra vitamins. I dose myself twice a day. Ya gotta do
      what ya gotta do...
      Peace, Jane

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 12, 2001
        --- dickb54@... wrote:
        I tend
        > to use humor
        > to get me thru, so tell me if I seem to frivolous.

        Hi Dick! There is no such thing as too much humor!
        You know what they say, laughter is the best medicine
        - and I believe it!

        Lots of people here use alternatives, or alternatives
        in combination with medical treatment, and no one here
        will attack you if you ask for info or share info on
        alternatives. All info is welcome here, whether
        everyone agrees with it or not. I'm glad you decided
        to join in, and think you will like it here!

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 12, 2001
          Hey Dick,
          I forgot to ask you - are you using any
          alternatives right now? If so, what are you taking,
          and do you think it's helping?

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 12, 2001
            >From: claudine intexas <claudineintexas@...>
            >To: GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Newbie
            >Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 00:26:35 -0700 (PDT)
            >

            >Hey Dick,
            > I forgot to ask you - are you using any
            >alternatives right now? If so, what are you taking,
            >and do you think it's helping?
            >Claudine
            >Hi, Claudine. Yes I am currently continuing my herbal therapy, and feel it
            >definitely helps. i take 2 decoctions; hep c granules contains salvia, red
            >peony, astralagus, forsythia, gardenia, crataegus, moutan, dandelion,
            >ho-shou-wu, and bupleurum. The other contains Curcuma, Licorice,
            >Schizandra, milk thistle, Shitake, and Reishi(mushrooms). In addition I
            >take alpha-lipoic acid(600mg), and vitamins c and e. How are you doing
            >down there? Here it is a pleasant 75 degrees(hehe).
          • Alley/Pat
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 2, 2001
              Dick,

              Welcome to the group!

              I'm alley, I'm in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area of Texas. I finished 48 weeks
              of treatment at the end of April and doing great (well that's all relative
              of course haha). I'm working and tired but enjoying just being alive. I'm
              married, 2 grown kids, 3 grandkids and a dog named Ditto. :)

              Nice to meet you

              alley