Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Newbie

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 11, 2001
      Welcome to our group. You will find some wonderful people here and a lot
      of support and information.

      Some of us use alternative healing....either alone or along with tx. If
      you are using chinese medicine, blupurem (that's spelled wrong) has a
      bad reaction with interferon, so a month before you start tx, you need
      to stop the blupurem. I've forgotten the chinese name but can get it for
      you if you want.

      You will be able to find herbal information here....and other
      alternative treatments. I myself use chinese medicine in combination
      with rebetron. So ask any questions you might have.

      I will be tied up the next two nights....working on a huge project for
      work and just checking my mail occasionally.

      Tatezi

      dickb54@... wrote:

      > Hello, my name is dick, nickname buffalo, I am new to your
      > group, though I have "spoken with a couple of you. I knew
      > Claudine from the NHCC boards, and you have her to blame for
      > my prescence. I am a 1a1b mix, 8 mil/IU viral load, ALT's in the
      > 250 range for the last several months. My biopsy is grade 2
      > stage 2, and I am waiting at this time for the peg-riba to be
      > approved, as I think it will be superior to Rebetron. I do a lot of
      > herbs under the care of a CMP at the Institute for Traditional
      > Medecine in Portland, Oregon. I am looking for some folks who
      > are understanding of herbal tx; the boards I have been on are not
      > very respectful of anything not "mainstream". I tend to use humor
      > to get me thru, so tell me if I seem to frivolous. Thanx; God bless

      "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the
      way its animals are treated." ~Mahatma Gandhi

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 11, 2001
        In a message dated 7/12/01 1:07:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        dickb54@... writes:

        > . My biopsy is grade 2
        > stage 2, and I am waiting at this time for the peg-riba to be
        > approved, as I think it will be superior to Rebetron.

        My biopsy result was the same. The sides on the peg will be less, so that's
        a comfort. Look for comfort when you can, right? Good luck on the peg,
        whatever your decision is. I think everyone does some kind of herbal mix
        when they find out. Also during tx. and post-tx. I know I got a bunch of
        herb bottles and extra vitamins. I dose myself twice a day. Ya gotta do
        what ya gotta do...
        Peace, Jane

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 12, 2001
          --- dickb54@... wrote:
          I tend
          > to use humor
          > to get me thru, so tell me if I seem to frivolous.

          Hi Dick! There is no such thing as too much humor!
          You know what they say, laughter is the best medicine
          - and I believe it!

          Lots of people here use alternatives, or alternatives
          in combination with medical treatment, and no one here
          will attack you if you ask for info or share info on
          alternatives. All info is welcome here, whether
          everyone agrees with it or not. I'm glad you decided
          to join in, and think you will like it here!

          http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 12, 2001
            Hey Dick,
            I forgot to ask you - are you using any
            alternatives right now? If so, what are you taking,
            and do you think it's helping?

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 12, 2001
              >From: claudine intexas <claudineintexas@...>
              >To: GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Newbie
              >Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 00:26:35 -0700 (PDT)
              >

              >Hey Dick,
              > I forgot to ask you - are you using any
              >alternatives right now? If so, what are you taking,
              >and do you think it's helping?
              >Claudine
              >Hi, Claudine. Yes I am currently continuing my herbal therapy, and feel it
              >definitely helps. i take 2 decoctions; hep c granules contains salvia, red
              >peony, astralagus, forsythia, gardenia, crataegus, moutan, dandelion,
              >ho-shou-wu, and bupleurum. The other contains Curcuma, Licorice,
              >Schizandra, milk thistle, Shitake, and Reishi(mushrooms). In addition I
              >take alpha-lipoic acid(600mg), and vitamins c and e. How are you doing
              >down there? Here it is a pleasant 75 degrees(hehe).
            • Alley/Pat
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 2, 2001
                Dick,

                Welcome to the group!

                I'm alley, I'm in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area of Texas. I finished 48 weeks
                of treatment at the end of April and doing great (well that's all relative
                of course haha). I'm working and tired but enjoying just being alive. I'm
                married, 2 grown kids, 3 grandkids and a dog named Ditto. :)

                Nice to meet you

                alley