Re: Digest Number 34

  • MagistarLudi@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2000
      Donnna-
      Don't be skeptical on the vaccines. I allready did that for you. Another
      virus could caus liver failure and luckily by the grace of God I
      survived it. I don't wish that on anyone.
      -Gary

      "...I dream then ask why not"
    • kalidurga@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2000
        I find it so strange that mot people are never told about hep a and b. I
        know years ago, think hep a was considered a gay mans disease, because
        supposedly they had unsafe sex, and were diganosed with it alot. I have
        knowa alot of people who have had hep b. I know hep b is extremley easy
        to catch. I am lucky for working at a hospital in 1989 to1995. I was so
        aware of diseases and viruses because I worked with patients. we had
        some thing called "universal precautions " where u assume every patient
        as something that can be spread through blood or body fluids, including
        stool. i worked with tb ( sputum ) patients, hiv, hep a, b, and c. I
        feel it is unfortunate that alot of doctors wil just assume the general
        public is knowledgeable of whatthe medical world knows.
        The comment about vaccines by somone.
        I have had the Hep B vac, and was told it was good for life, than read
        in a medical book it is only good for 3 to 5 years. I am anxous to be
        vaccinated for hep a and b, but cautious about maybe down the line
        having something awful happen because of it. I dont trust the medical
        comunity, especially after working in it.
      • Patti Smith
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2000
          Peggy,

          Don't be surprised if your skin where you inject gets
          blotchy/reddish and itches. Keep lots of moisturizer on
          your skin. Combo made me dry out. If you live in one of
          the 7 states where it's legal, I'd ask your doc about
          medical cannabis for the nausea and headaches.

          I hated treatment, but at least it was some treatment. Now
          that I'm a non-responder, it's really hard for me to not do
          anything (other than milk thistle, licithin, water, water,
          water). I go back for a 6-month checkup in March to see if
          the GI's going to let me try one of the new treatments. I
          had to stop combo after 6 months due to anemia & thyroid
          problems.

          Good luck and hang in there. It will get easier with each
          shot. I pray you're one of the 40% that clears the virus.