  • chutes
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2000
      Hi Corey,
      I have had C I believe for 25 years from a transfusion, and contracted B from a guy I was seeing for 3 years. I just felt terrible and I kept going to the health department to get checked for STD's, I was always negative. I was so fatigued that I was wishing I would just die. I started reading and seeing more about hepititis C and got tested because of my transfusion. I had already been tested for HIV. The real shock was having both B & C. I was just diagnosed Oct. 99. I've had my first A vaccine last month. I wish the health department would have told me B was a sexually transmitted disease and there is a vaccine for it. I just had my biopsy Friday, am waiting for the results. I have built up the antibodies for B, which I have read it can take up to 18 months, and I felt every minute of it. I believe B is worse than C, even my dentist said that (highly contagious). God Bless, Rose