Inipi therapy

  • Go Friend
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 5, 2001
      "MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 5, 2001--First
      Circle Medical, Inc.,
      (FCM) announced today that Mark Ahern has been named
      president, HCV
      Business Unit and will spearhead the introduction of
      FCM's novel
      hyperthermia therapy for the treatment of Hepatitis
      C."

      Anybody know what hyperthermia therapy actually is?
      Sounds we should all be heading for a sweat lodge :-)

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • Doc
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 5, 2001
        Hyperthermia is body temp staying above 41c (106F) and hypothermia is staying below 35 c (95F).

        Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

        i thought hyperthermia was what you get from getting too cold, ie
        mountaineers get it before frost bite. time to get a bigger freezer? love
        Sylv

        www.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 5, 2001
          gofriend8@... writes:

          > "MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 5, 2001--First
          > Circle Medical, Inc.,
          > (FCM) announced today that Mark Ahern has been named
          > president, HCV
          > Business Unit and will spearhead the introduction of
          > FCM's novel
          > hyperthermia therapy for the treatment of Hepatitis
          > C."
          >
          > Anybody know what hyperthermia therapy actually is?
          > Sounds we should all be heading for a sweat lodge :-)

          I don't know what "hyperthermia therapy is relative to HCV, but unless the
          idea is to sweat out the toxins in your body, I'm clueless. Somehow, I don't
          think that would cure liver disease, but what do I know? Anne

        • sylvati
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 5, 2001

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 5, 2001
              Hyperthermia is not going to effect the virus in anyway, not unless you make the " blood boil " at
              100 C for half an hour.

              Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

              ... spearhead the introduction of FCM's novel
              hyperthermia therapy for the treatment of
              > Hepatitis C."
              > >
              > > Anybody know what hyperthermia therapy actually
              > is?
              > > Sounds we should all be heading for a sweat lodge
              > :-)

              > I don't know what "hyperthermia therapy is relative
              > to HCV, but unless the
              > idea is to sweat out the toxins in your body, I'm
              > clueless. Somehow, I don't
              > think that would cure liver disease, but what do I
              > know? Anne

              My GUESS would be that it involves raising the
              temperature of the body to a level high enough to kill
              a virus or bacteria, but not high enough to kill the
              person. That is the reason behind why we run a fever
              when we get sick. My question would be if the body
              temperature can be safely raised high enough to kill
              HCV without harming the person.

              a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 6, 2001

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 6, 2001
                  In a message dated 6/6/2001 3:01:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                  gidoctor@... writes:

                  > Hyperthermia is not going to effect the virus in anyway, not unless you make
                  > the " blood boil " at
                  > 100 C for half an hour.

                  And that my friends will make HCV a moot point. Who dreamed up this idea,
                  anyway? Anne