Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] a question on after treatment

  • Doc
    Message 1 of 16 , May 31 6:11 PM
      Osteoporosis, which causes fragile bones and bone pains, also develops early in liver disease so you
      should be on supplements of calcium and Vit D3

      Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

      From: jessiefromchino@...
      To: GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 21:18:56 -0700 (PDT)

      Hi All,
      It has been awhile science I have wrote.
      I have just had so much energy lately. I have been of treatment almost 5
      months.
      I feel so much better, I still get the brain fog but not as much. My
      bones hurt allot more than they did before treatment and when I get
      tired I have got to just lay down I can not longer force myself to just
      go on. I have slowed down allot. I no longer work I was a manicurist for
      17 years the fumes are no good for me. Of course being on treatment has
      just about wiped us out. At least my ins. paid for most of the med. But
      no job and all the other stuff that went along with treatment cost a
      bundle. I have just had to change my way of living. Thank God for pic n
      save and the 99 cent stores. I applied for SSI last Aug. been turned
      down once I know have a lawyer, so we will see. But it has bee worth it
      I am know nondetecable and have been for almost 5 months. I think I just
      about had all the sides affects you could have.
      Thank god for a good doctor and great liver doctor. So for any of you
      just starting treatment hang in their. This is a great sight they really
      know whats going on and a very caring bunch.
      I am know starting to see a Homeopathic doctor I found a real good guy
      he knows allot about Hep-C. But I will continue to see the doctor they
      will work together.
      So today I feel like I am one luckie 51 year old lady In Chino Calif.
      Take Care

      E-Z DOES IT

    • Suzy Balone
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 7, 2001
        yup,went last week to get bone density test and I have osteopprosis, haven't
        received the actual report yet from the doctor, but it is pretty severe in
        the spine and a little less so in hips. Anything else I could take besides
        the calcium and D 3 suggestioons before going to my doc would be
        appreciated
        thanks
        Suzy

        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 7, 2001
          Hi Suzy,
          One of the most important things to help is
          exercise. I know, yuk! Weight bearing exercise is what
          you need. And, especially if it is already bad,
          starting an exercise program with the aid of a good
          physical therapist is probably what you need. (I wnet
          to physical therapy for 5 months but have learned more
          exercises to stengthen my neck muscles in only 2 weeks
          from my chiropractor!) You don't want to break
          anything while building muscle and bone. It's
          important that the exercises are done right. There are
          prescription meds to help too, but the exercise is
          really needed no matter what. Good luck!
          Claudine

          http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
        • Suzy Balone
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 8, 2001
            thanks Claudine
            I have resumed my walking and trying to do some exercises along with it, I
            swim a lot but not weight bearing so will have to start that up in full
            force again. This is terrible since I am relatively young, I think 48,
            don't know if it was due to the combo or not but doesn't really matter at
            this point. I f you know of any good exercises for the neck let me know
            mine hurts too, hope this finds you well, sounds like you are hanging in
            there. About another month and I will be getting another blood test for my
            pcr, have once again neglected this list as our computer is upstairs and
            there is no air conditioner and it has been in the high 90's for most of the
            last month at least. I think I lost a lot when they changed over to the new
            format, so will have to try and stay on top of things. Take Care
            Suzy

            From: claudine intexas <claudineintexas@...>
            To: GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 11:57:16 -0700 (PDT)

            Hi Suzy,
            One of the most important things to help is
            exercise. I know, yuk! Weight bearing exercise is what
            you need. And, especially if it is already bad,
            starting an exercise program with the aid of a good
            physical therapist is probably what you need. (I wnet
            to physical therapy for 5 months but have learned more
            exercises to stengthen my neck muscles in only 2 weeks
            from my chiropractor!) You don't want to break
            anything while building muscle and bone. It's
            important that the exercises are done right. There are
            prescription meds to help too, but the exercise is
            really needed no matter what. Good luck!
            Claudine
            --- Suzy Balone <suzybalone@...> wrote:
            > yup,went last week to get bone density test and I
            > have osteopprosis, haven't
            > received the actual report yet from the doctor, but
            > it is pretty severe in
            > the spine and a little less so in hips. Anything
            > else I could take besides
            > the calcium and D 3 suggestioons before going to my
            > doc would be
            > appreciated
            > thanks
            > Suzy
            >

            > From: "Doc" <gidoctor@...>
            > To: <GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com>
            > Subject: Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] a question on after
            > treatment
            > Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 06:41:03 +0530
            >
            > Osteoporosis, which causes fragile bones and bone
            > pains, also develops early
            > in liver disease so you
            > should be on supplements of calcium and Vit D3
            >
            > Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

          • AndromedaGurl
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 10, 2001
              on the excercise thing... and then on top of that the fatigue from the hep,
              and the random "limit" it sets on ya. One day's work is ok, next day maybe
              is half that. I never seem to know how much energy I'll have any given day,
              kinda like a random energy generator lol. I hope your therapist takes that
              into account too.

              I'm hoping to sneak out of work early one day next week and go to the doc to
              see if anything can be helped on the energy/pain/thang. I've done the
              chiropractor thing years ago and all it did was hurt so not doing that
              again!

              My 99 refills for one year of Diflucan ran out and I didn't realize it. I
              desparately call the pharmacy and ick the bad news! Course, I waited till it
              was full on me, all the itching and stuff all over my body. It comes on
              sudden like that sometimes, especially in area I sweat a lot. Was free of it
              for the first 2 months immediately after treatment, hoped it was gone. NOT!

              Anyone have that?

              As if I'm reacting to my own sweat or something. That's not so bad but then
              the nurse from the doctor's office called asking me why I want more.. yadda
              yadda and I realized that record keeping for historical problems are not
              kept very well. That poor nurse was having a hard time researching this
              yeast thing that started about 5 years ago and comes and goes, was really
              bad on tx, now just when I sweat or once a month thing. I figured it was
              just a menopause type thing, cuz of the timing, and doc seems to think so
              too. I've been thru several creams, some antibiotic-al types, etc etc. Too
              bad the doc can't put this stuff in a database and have like we do in
              quality control a column for "cause" and "effect" and "corrective action"
              and "is it fixed?" etc etc. (Maybe I should write the damn program! hahaha..
              ok ok yes I'm anal that way.)

              Good luck and let us know how you progress.

              alley
            • AndromedaGurl
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 10, 2001
                Suzy said <<have once again neglected this list as our computer is upstairs
                and
                there is no air conditioner and it has been in the high 90's for most of the
                last month at least. >>

                Oh girlfriend do I RELATE!!!

                We were down to ONE window unit ac in our bedroom and the computers were in
                another bedroom. We went 3 months with no other ac in May, June and part of
                July and here in Texas, it ain't no cool and mild 90 degrees!! It's 100 and
                I be sweatin like a stuck pig for holiday dinner. Talk about dying in the
                heat!

                And to think growing up, we had no ac sheesh. Glad I was young then. How did
                our parent DO it?

                Guess it helps if you don't have hep huh.

                Suzy you keep cool and take care of yourself. Believe me I know what
                over-heating is on hep and it ain't nice. Just chill and we'll still be here
                when you can return to visit us :))

                alley
              • AndromedaGurl
                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 10, 2001
                  (sorry for the multiple posts, I don't very fast late at nite... well...
                  that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :)

                  Suzy said <<This is terrible since I am relatively young, I think 48,
                  don't know if it was due to the combo or not but doesn't really matter at
                  this point. I f you know of any good exercises for the neck let me know
                  mine hurts too, hope this finds you well, sounds like you are hanging in
                  there. About another month and I will be getting another blood test for my
                  pcr, >>

                  gOOD LUCK ON YOUR NEXT PCR!!!!

                  Well I'm a spring chicken then! I'm 46.

                  Till I got sick with hep about 10 years ago, I pressed 150 lbs 3 times a
                  week, other weight programs, and practiced my Tai Chi. Now I'm afraid to
                  even do the Tai Chi, worried that I will over do it, unknowingly, and then
                  miss work. I need a hep meter!

                  (And I got the neck thing too, had it for years, even before the combo, saw
                  a chiro, that whole thing, nada, it's still there :( I keep telling myself
                  hey! I hurt therefore I'm still alive!)

                  alley Descarte
                • Suzy Balone
                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 13, 2001
                    Alley, thanks sso much, I know tha heat has to be terrible down there in
                    Texas, too. In fact probably most of the year, maybe you are more used to
                    it , I doubt if one can ever get used to the heat though, not when it is as
                    bad as it has been this summer.
                    Hope your job is still going all right
                    Suzy

                  • AndromedaGurl
                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 14, 2001
                      Suzy thanks! The heat sucks, actually hahaha.

                      alley