Re: Digest Number 33

  • MagistarLudi@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2000
      Marty- yea I know its a long battle ahead for us veterans, who also
      happen to have the highest rate of HCV than any other group. Also
      interesting to note in the US HCV outnumbers HIV 4-1.
      You did answer one question I did have-which was how could someone get
      the virus by sharing straws- a big duh for myself. Cokewas ne thing I
      never really did so I was unaware, or at least not thinking of the nose
      bleeds , even wen knowng enough coke heads that always had nosebleeds.
      I was an IV drug user in Germany where I always used my own needles-but
      someone not long ago asked me if I ever shared a spoon. I would think
      that cooking the herion would kll the virus but have soon learned that I
      may have to cook it for 20 minutes to effectively kill the virus.
      Luckily everyone knows I have the virus and no one treats me any
      different. I don't wear a ribbon but am always ready to talkabout it.
      Unfortunatly I know t many people wih the virus who will not stop
      drinking o drugging because they are having no symptoms.
      Good news to you newbies with the virus is only maybe 20-25% will ever
      experience some of the thing we talk about in this forum.
      -Gary from Battle Creek, Michigan

      p.s. Tomorrow I have an EGD (#30) to repair sme more varicies.

      "...I dream then ask why not"
    • M. J. Ruble
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 7, 2000
        Gary, Much luck with your EGD. My husband just completed all tests for
        transplant evaluation. This was hairy to say the least. Try a
        trans-jugular biopsy. He was really scared but came through just fine. Had
        to be done this way because low platelets. The dragon is indeed bad and
        each day is new. MJ

[...]

        WEMedia.com empowers persons with disabilities to build a strong and
        vibrant community.

        Shortcut URL to this page:
        http://www.onelist.com/community/GIWorld-Hepatitis