Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Diet - for the Doc?

  • Doc
    Message 1 of 7 , May 29 8:08 AM
      Dear Ellin,
      For chr HCV liver disease a high calorie, low iron diet is recommended with prohibition on alcohol.
      Generally for liver disease recommended are:
      Total Cal 40/kg body wt ( 1 kg=2.2 lb)
      Proteins 60-70 g/day
      Vitamins, minerals,
      unsaturated fats
      5-10 gm salt , depending on the presence of ascites

      Try and get hold of this paper, for more literature
      Nutritional management of patients with liver disease
      Nutr Clin Care 1999, 2:300-308

      Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM
      Consultant Gastroenterologist & Hepatologist

        Message 3 of 7 , May 31 6:09 PM
          Suzy,
          If the white counts are down you should avoid getting an infection so stick to home cooked food ,
          drinking water is not a problem. No other special diet is required.
          Following combo viral load should be tested and then again after 3-6 months.
          Hope this helps.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 2, 2001
              Hi,
              It is important to know straightaway if you are undetectable then it can be repeated after 6 months
              to make sure you have not relapsed.
              Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

              From: "Doc" <gidoctor@...>
              To: <GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com>
              Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 06:39:03 +0530

            • Suzy Balone

                From: "Doc" <gidoctor@...>
                To: <GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com>
                Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 06:39:03 +0530

              • Suzy Balone
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 7, 2001
                  Sounds like a lot of calories doc, I would be as big as a barge. maybe i
                  should try it though
                  Suzy

                  Total Cal 40/kg body wt ( 1 kg=2.2 lb)