RE: HCV Ribbon

  • alley/Patricia
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2000
      Sorry brenda but it works for me.
      http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Shores/4259/Pin.html
      Keep trying.

      Here's what it says...........................

      Welcome To The
      HCV Awareness Project

      The ribbon/pin shown below is a Hepatitis C Awareness Pin. The main goal
      and
      only reason for this project is to Promote Hepatitis C Awareness in
      our
      communities.

      Proceeds from sales of this Awareness Pin will be donated to Support
      Groups to
      assist financially in whatever ways they may need. You can be proud to know
      your
      purchase is helping others less fortunate.

      We donated $500 in 1999 to Sheltie House, Inc., and another
      $500 to a local Support Group. If you have a support group
      you would like to see receive funds from the Pin Project,
      please contact me via email. Your group must be a Non-Profit
      organization in order to receive the donation.

      There are many ribbons being sold to help promote Hepatitis C Awareness.
      There is
      no "Official" HepC pin. No matter what form of ribbon you wear, this one
      or the
      ribbon alone, you are promoting awareness of Hepatitis C. Where you get it
      or who
      you get it from is of no importance. The fact that you are wearing one
      and
      promoting awareness for HepC is the important thing!

      I found this picture in my PrintMASTER´┐Ż Gold program as an outline of a
      dragon.
      I have used the outline picture as the logo for the Support Group in
      Southern
      California I started in July 1998. John at US PIN added the yellow coloring
      to it for
      me and is making them. A picture of the pin is shown below.

      Wear this pin with pride!

      Hepatitis C is known as the Dragon, which explains the design on the pin.
      The main
      objective of this project is to create a pin that could be sold at a
      small price, and
      pass the money received on to a worthy Organization that would assist
      others with
      this disease. The red on the ribbon stands for a blood disease, the yellow
      for a liver
      disease.

[...]

      In 1998 12,000 people died due to HCV or complications from HCV. That number
      is expected to TRIPLE by the year 2010.

      LeighAnn's email is mailto:lvogel@...

      alley/Patricia
      ICQ 12631861
      alleypat@... <mailto:alleypat@...>
      http://www.mailbonus.com/index.cfm?ref=alleypat@...
    • Brendagoez@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2000
        In a message dated 2/1/2000 3:04:05 PM Pacific Standard Time,
        alleypat@... writes:

        << http://www.geocities.com/theTropics/Shores/4259/Pin.html >>
        Dear Patricia,
        I couldn't get through to this link.
        Love,
        Bren
      • M. J. Ruble
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 7, 2000
          Leslie, How do you get one of these ribbons???

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 11, 2000
            On the HCV Ribbon.. I got mine!!! THANKS!!!

            A group of people I know are planning a health seminar (at the Gay & Lesbian
            Community Center) and wil lhave lots of info on AIDS. I am gonna worm my way
            in with info on HCV and would like to know if I can purchase up front a
            bunch of ribbons to sell there. I'm not sure when this is happening as it's
            still in the planning stages. Thanks!

            alley/Patricia
            ICQ 12631861
            alleypat@... <mailto:alleypat@...>