a question on after treatment

  • Alley/Pat
    Message 1 of 16 , May 28, 2001
      Question:

      Man, I feel worse OFF treatment than I did ON!

      I have more energy off, but this withdrawal stuff is the pits. How did yall deal with it? Any helpful words?

      My current delimma right now is this leg thing. Feels like millions of creepy crawlies under my skin and aspirin etc doesn't help at all. I get this when I try to relax to sleep. The only thing I can do to help me relax to sleep is put hot towels around my legs and feet and hope I get to sleep before they cool off.

      Patricia / Andromeda Gurl/ Alleypat
      Grand Prairie, Tx, USA, Earth
      http://members.home.com/andromedagurl
      ICQ: 12631861
      AOL IM: DallasAlleyPat
      MSN: PJHauldren

      Message 2 of 16 , May 28, 2001
        Pat....

        This is exactly what I went through prior to diagnosis of restless leg
        syndrome. My heart goes out to you, it's a horrible thing to experience.
        I had to keep getting up and walking through the house. As it got worse
        and after 3 weeks of basically no sleep, I finally went to the doctor. I
        couldn't even sit in my chair and read....had to keep those legs moving
        and my ankels in motion (almost twitching).

        I don't know if treatment brings it on or not, but I do know that it
        also can be hereditary. My dad had it and my mom asked me why I found
        her sleeping on the couch so often when I lived at home. I had thought
        they were fighting but in actuality, she couldn't sleep with my dad's
        legs constantly fidgeting and his getting up and down.

        My doctor put me on Klonpin for night time and it hasn't bothered me
        since. Well, if I forget to take my Klonopin, it still bothers me.

        My chinese guy says it has to do with me being a warm damp person which
        causes restlessness. But in this case I'm going with traditional
        medicine....it's worked and as long as I don't forget to take my
        Klonopin before going to bed I'm just fine.

        There are tons of sites out there on this...I spent a lot of time
        researching it so You'll find lots of info. It's a very common
        affliction.

        Good luck. I know exactly what you are going through.

        Tatezi

        [www.debticated.com]

      • jessiefromchino@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 16 , May 28, 2001
          Hi All,
          It has been awhile science I have wrote.
          I have just had so much energy lately. I have been of treatment almost 5
          months.
          I feel so much better, I still get the brain fog but not as much. My
          bones hurt allot more than they did before treatment and when I get
          tired I have got to just lay down I can not longer force myself to just
          go on. I have slowed down allot. I no longer work I was a manicurist for
          17 years the fumes are no good for me. Of course being on treatment has
          just about wiped us out. At least my ins. paid for most of the med. But
          no job and all the other stuff that went along with treatment cost a
          bundle. I have just had to change my way of living. Thank God for pic n
          save and the 99 cent stores. I applied for SSI last Aug. been turned
          down once I know have a lawyer, so we will see. But it has bee worth it
          I am know nondetecable and have been for almost 5 months. I think I just
          about had all the sides affects you could have.
          Thank god for a good doctor and great liver doctor. So for any of you
          just starting treatment hang in their. This is a great sight they really
          know whats going on and a very caring bunch.
          I am know starting to see a Homeopathic doctor I found a real good guy
          he knows allot about Hep-C. But I will continue to see the doctor they
          will work together.
          So today I feel like I am one luckie 51 year old lady In Chino Calif.
          Take Care

          E-Z DOES IT
          Message 4 of 16 , May 29, 2001
            It will take a lot of time. Don't let that crap that Schering-Plough hands
            out make you believe that you'll be back where you were in 6 months. Not
            true. Keep drinking lots of water. Have you had any blood work done? You
            might be anemic, like I was.
            Also, add some protein to your diet. I know we're not supposed to do much of
            that, but do it anyway. Take at least 1000mg. of vitamin C per
            day........more if you are a smoker.......add 500. Also have your thyroid
            checked. Whether you lost or gained weight on treatment, it's will have had
            some effect on that organ as well. If you had arthritis before, start hydro
            therapy immediately. This also helps with the fybromyalgia, or whatever this
            cramping is. Add some potasium to your diet if the cramping persists. You
            will get to the point that your good days will out-number your bad, but try
            to stay away from anyone who even has a cold. Your immune system has been
            shell-shocked and it will take awhile for it to rebuild, particularly if your
            under a lot of stress. After I got viral pneumonia last winter from one of
            my grandchildren, I put my foot down. If anybody is sneezing or sniffling,
            don't even come in the door. Enough already.
            Hope this helps.
            LOL,Anne

          • Alley/Pat
            Message 5 of 16 , May 29, 2001
              Anne said <<After I got viral pneumonia last winter from one of
              my grandchildren, I put my foot down. If anybody is sneezing or sniffling,
              don't even come in the door. >>

              I know what you mean. Nobody thot twice of being around me at my house while
              they were sick. Normally, I never get sick, just sinus/allergy type stuff,
              which when we get insurance again, I need to see how I can at least control
              that. Every time it RAINS or the weather changes drastically, I'm in misery.
              This is unreal lol.

              Some people i had to get really nasty with, cuz they thot I was joking when
              I said you will CALL before coming over and you will NOT be around me and my
              family while ill, this means the sniffles, Fifth's Disease even, etc. I
              ended up with Fifth's disease from my grandson who got it at elementary
              school. My primary says oh it's nothing just a kids disease.. excuse me? I'm
              on treatment and I thot I was dieing, I had to go to gastro to get any help
              at all. Can't be cured but at least I got some relief.

              So don't feel too guilty if you have to be rude. what is worse, a little
              rudeness or you with pneumonia?

              Message 6 of 16 , May 29, 2001
                EZ... good to hear from you!!!

                I'm sorry the treatment is going so badly for you. Keep doing the good
                things and keep talking to your doc so she can help you :) Good luck!!

                Patricia / Andromeda Gurl/ Alleypat
                Grand Prairie, Tx, USA, Earth
                http://members.home.com/andromedagurl
                ICQ: 12631861
                AOL IM: DallasAlleyPat
                MSN: PJHauldren
              • Doc
                Message 7 of 16 , May 31, 2001
                  Osteoporosis, which causes fragile bones and bone pains, also develops early in liver disease so you
                  should be on supplements of calcium and Vit D3

                  Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

                  Thats wonderful that you arer stil undectable, Can't remember what genotype
                  you were? I also have a lot more bone pain. Does anyone know if this is
                  common, am also 47 and going through menopause so thought this might be some
                  of it. Any ideas??
                  Thanks and good luck Jessie.
                  Suzy

                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 7, 2001
                      yup,went last week to get bone density test and I have osteopprosis, haven't
                      received the actual report yet from the doctor, but it is pretty severe in
                      the spine and a little less so in hips. Anything else I could take besides
                      the calcium and D 3 suggestioons before going to my doc would be
                      appreciated
                      thanks
                      Suzy

                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 7, 2001
                        Hi Suzy,
                        One of the most important things to help is
                        exercise. I know, yuk! Weight bearing exercise is what
                        you need. And, especially if it is already bad,
                        starting an exercise program with the aid of a good
                        physical therapist is probably what you need. (I wnet
                        to physical therapy for 5 months but have learned more
                        exercises to stengthen my neck muscles in only 2 weeks
                        from my chiropractor!) You don't want to break
                        anything while building muscle and bone. It's
                        important that the exercises are done right. There are
                        prescription meds to help too, but the exercise is
                        really needed no matter what. Good luck!
                        Claudine

                        http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
                      • Suzy Balone
                        Message 11 of 16 , Aug 8, 2001
                          thanks Claudine
                          I have resumed my walking and trying to do some exercises along with it, I
                          swim a lot but not weight bearing so will have to start that up in full
                          force again. This is terrible since I am relatively young, I think 48,
                          don't know if it was due to the combo or not but doesn't really matter at
                          this point. I f you know of any good exercises for the neck let me know
                          mine hurts too, hope this finds you well, sounds like you are hanging in
                          there. About another month and I will be getting another blood test for my
                          pcr, have once again neglected this list as our computer is upstairs and
                          there is no air conditioner and it has been in the high 90's for most of the
                          last month at least. I think I lost a lot when they changed over to the new
                          format, so will have to try and stay on top of things. Take Care
                          Suzy

                          From: claudine intexas <claudineintexas@...>
                          To: GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com
                          Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 11:57:16 -0700 (PDT)

                          Hi Suzy,
                          One of the most important things to help is
                          exercise. I know, yuk! Weight bearing exercise is what
                          you need. And, especially if it is already bad,
                          starting an exercise program with the aid of a good
                          physical therapist is probably what you need. (I wnet
                          to physical therapy for 5 months but have learned more
                          exercises to stengthen my neck muscles in only 2 weeks
                          from my chiropractor!) You don't want to break
                          anything while building muscle and bone. It's
                          important that the exercises are done right. There are
                          prescription meds to help too, but the exercise is
                          really needed no matter what. Good luck!
                          Claudine
                          --- Suzy Balone <suzybalone@...> wrote:
                          > yup,went last week to get bone density test and I
                          > have osteopprosis, haven't
                          > received the actual report yet from the doctor, but
                          > it is pretty severe in
                          > the spine and a little less so in hips. Anything
                          > else I could take besides
                          > the calcium and D 3 suggestioons before going to my
                          > doc would be
                          > appreciated
                          > thanks
                          > Suzy
                          >

                          > From: "Doc" <gidoctor@...>
                          > To: <GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com>
                          > Subject: Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] a question on after
                          > treatment
                          > Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 06:41:03 +0530
                          >
                          > Osteoporosis, which causes fragile bones and bone
                          > pains, also develops early
                          > in liver disease so you
                          > should be on supplements of calcium and Vit D3
                          >
                          > Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM

                        • AndromedaGurl
                          Message 12 of 16 , Aug 10, 2001
                            on the excercise thing... and then on top of that the fatigue from the hep,
                            and the random "limit" it sets on ya. One day's work is ok, next day maybe
                            is half that. I never seem to know how much energy I'll have any given day,
                            kinda like a random energy generator lol. I hope your therapist takes that
                            into account too.

                            I'm hoping to sneak out of work early one day next week and go to the doc to
                            see if anything can be helped on the energy/pain/thang. I've done the
                            chiropractor thing years ago and all it did was hurt so not doing that
                            again!

                            My 99 refills for one year of Diflucan ran out and I didn't realize it. I
                            desparately call the pharmacy and ick the bad news! Course, I waited till it
                            was full on me, all the itching and stuff all over my body. It comes on
                            sudden like that sometimes, especially in area I sweat a lot. Was free of it
                            for the first 2 months immediately after treatment, hoped it was gone. NOT!

                            Anyone have that?

                            As if I'm reacting to my own sweat or something. That's not so bad but then
                            the nurse from the doctor's office called asking me why I want more.. yadda
                            yadda and I realized that record keeping for historical problems are not
                            kept very well. That poor nurse was having a hard time researching this
                            yeast thing that started about 5 years ago and comes and goes, was really
                            bad on tx, now just when I sweat or once a month thing. I figured it was
                            just a menopause type thing, cuz of the timing, and doc seems to think so
                            too. I've been thru several creams, some antibiotic-al types, etc etc. Too
                            bad the doc can't put this stuff in a database and have like we do in
                            quality control a column for "cause" and "effect" and "corrective action"
                            and "is it fixed?" etc etc. (Maybe I should write the damn program! hahaha..
                            ok ok yes I'm anal that way.)

                            Good luck and let us know how you progress.

                            alley
                          • AndromedaGurl
                            Message 13 of 16 , Aug 10, 2001
                              Suzy said <<have once again neglected this list as our computer is upstairs
                              and
                              there is no air conditioner and it has been in the high 90's for most of the
                              last month at least. >>

                              Oh girlfriend do I RELATE!!!

                              We were down to ONE window unit ac in our bedroom and the computers were in
                              another bedroom. We went 3 months with no other ac in May, June and part of
                              July and here in Texas, it ain't no cool and mild 90 degrees!! It's 100 and
                              I be sweatin like a stuck pig for holiday dinner. Talk about dying in the
                              heat!

                              And to think growing up, we had no ac sheesh. Glad I was young then. How did
                              our parent DO it?

                              Guess it helps if you don't have hep huh.

                              Suzy you keep cool and take care of yourself. Believe me I know what
                              over-heating is on hep and it ain't nice. Just chill and we'll still be here
                              when you can return to visit us :))

                              alley
                            • AndromedaGurl
                              Message 14 of 16 , Aug 10, 2001
                                (sorry for the multiple posts, I don't very fast late at nite... well...
                                that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :)

                                Suzy said <<This is terrible since I am relatively young, I think 48,
                                don't know if it was due to the combo or not but doesn't really matter at
                                this point. I f you know of any good exercises for the neck let me know
                                mine hurts too, hope this finds you well, sounds like you are hanging in
                                there. About another month and I will be getting another blood test for my
                                pcr, >>

                                gOOD LUCK ON YOUR NEXT PCR!!!!

                                Well I'm a spring chicken then! I'm 46.

                                Till I got sick with hep about 10 years ago, I pressed 150 lbs 3 times a
                                week, other weight programs, and practiced my Tai Chi. Now I'm afraid to
                                even do the Tai Chi, worried that I will over do it, unknowingly, and then
                                miss work. I need a hep meter!

                                (And I got the neck thing too, had it for years, even before the combo, saw
                                a chiro, that whole thing, nada, it's still there :( I keep telling myself
                                hey! I hurt therefore I'm still alive!)

                                alley Descarte
                              • Suzy Balone
                                Message 15 of 16 , Aug 13, 2001
                                  Alley, thanks sso much, I know tha heat has to be terrible down there in
                                  Texas, too. In fact probably most of the year, maybe you are more used to
                                  it , I doubt if one can ever get used to the heat though, not when it is as
                                  bad as it has been this summer.
                                  Hope your job is still going all right
                                  Suzy

                                • AndromedaGurl
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Aug 14, 2001
                                    Suzy thanks! The heat sucks, actually hahaha.

                                    alley