RE: HCV Ribbon

  • alley/Patricia
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2000
    • alley/Patricia
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 31, 2000
        Sorry brenda but it works for me.
        http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Shores/4259/Pin.html
        Keep trying.

        Here's what it says...........................

        Welcome To The
        HCV Awareness Project

        The ribbon/pin shown below is a Hepatitis C Awareness Pin. The main goal
        and
        only reason for this project is to Promote Hepatitis C Awareness in
        our
        communities.

        Proceeds from sales of this Awareness Pin will be donated to Support
        Groups to
        assist financially in whatever ways they may need. You can be proud to know
        your
        purchase is helping others less fortunate.

        We donated $500 in 1999 to Sheltie House, Inc., and another
        $500 to a local Support Group. If you have a support group
        you would like to see receive funds from the Pin Project,
        please contact me via email. Your group must be a Non-Profit
        organization in order to receive the donation.

        There are many ribbons being sold to help promote Hepatitis C Awareness.
        There is
        no "Official" HepC pin. No matter what form of ribbon you wear, this one
        or the
        ribbon alone, you are promoting awareness of Hepatitis C. Where you get it
        or who
        you get it from is of no importance. The fact that you are wearing one
        and
        promoting awareness for HepC is the important thing!

        I found this picture in my PrintMASTER´┐Ż Gold program as an outline of a
        dragon.
        I have used the outline picture as the logo for the Support Group in
        Southern
        California I started in July 1998. John at US PIN added the yellow coloring
        to it for
        me and is making them. A picture of the pin is shown below.

        Wear this pin with pride!

        Hepatitis C is known as the Dragon, which explains the design on the pin.
        The main
        objective of this project is to create a pin that could be sold at a
        small price, and
        pass the money received on to a worthy Organization that would assist
        others with
        this disease. The red on the ribbon stands for a blood disease, the yellow
        for a liver
        disease.

[...]

        In 1998 12,000 people died due to HCV or complications from HCV. That number
        is expected to TRIPLE by the year 2010.

        LeighAnn's email is mailto:lvogel@...

        alley/Patricia
        ICQ 12631861
        alleypat@... <mailto:alleypat@...>
        http://www.mailbonus.com/index.cfm?ref=alleypat@...
      • Brendagoez@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2000
          In a message dated 2/1/2000 3:04:05 PM Pacific Standard Time,
          alleypat@... writes:

          << http://www.geocities.com/theTropics/Shores/4259/Pin.html >>
          Dear Patricia,
          I couldn't get through to this link.
          Love,
          Bren
        • M. J. Ruble
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 7, 2000
            Leslie, How do you get one of these ribbons???

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 11, 2000
              On the HCV Ribbon.. I got mine!!! THANKS!!!

              A group of people I know are planning a health seminar (at the Gay & Lesbian
              Community Center) and wil lhave lots of info on AIDS. I am gonna worm my way
              in with info on HCV and would like to know if I can purchase up front a
              bunch of ribbons to sell there. I'm not sure when this is happening as it's
              still in the planning stages. Thanks!

              alley/Patricia
              ICQ 12631861
              alleypat@... <mailto:alleypat@...>