Re: Digest Number 33

  • byteme
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2000
      Dear Patti:
      I would also be interested in a "ribbon" or something else that
      would symbolize, and educate the plight of the known HCV people and the
      larger numbers who do not know they are infected. I would think that we
      could find a way to design and sell the pin, or other symbol, and donate
      the proceeds to HCV research.
      Any ideas, anyone? Marty
    • MagistarLudi@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2000
        Marty- yea I know its a long battle ahead for us veterans, who also
        happen to have the highest rate of HCV than any other group. Also
        interesting to note in the US HCV outnumbers HIV 4-1.
        You did answer one question I did have-which was how could someone get
        the virus by sharing straws- a big duh for myself. Cokewas ne thing I
        never really did so I was unaware, or at least not thinking of the nose
        bleeds , even wen knowng enough coke heads that always had nosebleeds.
        I was an IV drug user in Germany where I always used my own needles-but
        someone not long ago asked me if I ever shared a spoon. I would think
        that cooking the herion would kll the virus but have soon learned that I
        may have to cook it for 20 minutes to effectively kill the virus.
        Luckily everyone knows I have the virus and no one treats me any
        different. I don't wear a ribbon but am always ready to talkabout it.
        Unfortunatly I know t many people wih the virus who will not stop
        drinking o drugging because they are having no symptoms.
        Good news to you newbies with the virus is only maybe 20-25% will ever
        experience some of the thing we talk about in this forum.
        -Gary from Battle Creek, Michigan

        p.s. Tomorrow I have an EGD (#30) to repair sme more varicies.

        "...I dream then ask why not"
      • M. J. Ruble
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 7, 2000
          Gary, Much luck with your EGD. My husband just completed all tests for
          transplant evaluation. This was hairy to say the least. Try a
          trans-jugular biopsy. He was really scared but came through just fine. Had
          to be done this way because low platelets. The dragon is indeed bad and
          each day is new. MJ

[...]

          WEMedia.com empowers persons with disabilities to build a strong and
          vibrant community.

          Shortcut URL to this page:
          http://www.onelist.com/community/GIWorld-Hepatitis