starting medication

  • peggy greene
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2000
      well.....i'm going into the city on thursday to meet with the doctor to learn how to use the pen the right way....i have had a bad cold these past few days and haven't been in the chat room....the house is clean and most of the heavy laundry is done...and i went and did a good food shopping so i think i'm ready....i cleared my night stand of all the junk so i can put all the goodies i will need there....did i miss anything........oh yeah....water......gallons of it.......yipppeeeee !!

      hugs
      peggy

    • Brendagoez@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2000
        Dear Peggy,
        You go girl! Your posting brought a much needed smile to my face this
        morning. Thank you.
        Love,
        Bren
      • Dee Dee Taylor
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2000
          My thoughts and prayers are with you Peggy.....thanks for letting us know.
          Keep us informed on your progress. Blessings.....Dee

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2000
            Peggy, the pen is very easy to use I have been doing it a month know.
            But a ice pack on the spot, your going to give the shot. You will not
            feel a thing. The first shot is the hardest. Drink lots and lots and
            more WATER! Hang in their if I can do it any one can. Have a great day.
            If I can help in any way e-mail me. Oh yea don' forget the water. Jessie

            EZ-DOES IT
          • Curlykew
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 1, 2000
              Peggy, the pen is super. I am scared to death of
              needles, hate hospitals, etc....but give all my
              own shots now for 3 months. I am here for you
              also and wish u the best!! I re emphasize the
              water...Schering nurse told me 1-2 gallons a day.
              I also cut out my addiction to diet coke. No room
              for more than the clear juices and water. Think
              my thyroid must be kicking back in gear
              though...have lost 20 pounds since started in Nov
              99...not sure if that is good or bad...but do
              make sre eating good...fruits and veggies...avoid
              red meat...but lots of time don't have any
              appetite. And dont sleep much...need to remedy
              that . But am seeing a counselor who may have a
              psych test me for depression...DUH!! like dont
              have anything to be depressed about!!! i have
              marital and teen problems and new job too. so
              hanging in there. Sounds like you are ready and
              we all are here for you. Keep checking in!!
              Dawn

              =====
              My message to you: Don't worry, be happy!!
              Love to hear from YOU!
              Dawn
              http://im.yahoo.com