Re: Digest Number 30

  • kalidurga@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2000
      i would just like to ask two questions
      1) how many of you feel those with hep c should get vaccinated for hep a
      and b?
      i hear it can be quite dangerous if hep c people get hep a or b.
      2) how often do u feel hep c pos people should have biopsies?
      I had my first i 1991 i think, then a year later. Back then they told me
      i should have them yearly, but after two, the decided it was not the
      way. But since its been eight years, i feel like i should have another
      one, atleast after i finish treatment in august. So how often should we
      get them, since it is the only accurate way to see if there is liver
      damage. even if your doc considers you persistent hepper or chronic
      hepper, biopsies are the only true way of seeing how your liver is.
      Now about brain fog, i have had it for years, even before my
      diagnosis,and my teenage drug years. One reason why i feel I've had hep
      longer than they think. But since i am an x junkie, docs just assume.
      Does anyone else find they had symptoms way before risky behavior or
      diagnosis.
      I hope everyone hangs in there. This disease is my number one concern
      right now, and i wish everyone who is on the combo could work less, and
      i wish anyone who is not working, could have insurance. I suggest
      finding out what hospitals give free care, which usually depends on your
      income, and also welfare or state assistance. I am on disability, so my
      meds are paid for, otherwise i could not afford $600 every two
      weeks.Prior to this, i prided myself in how much i worked, and thought
      people who took assistance were weak and not pulling there load. I feel
      different now, l now i need assistance, and the government or state or
      whom ever can help me for a little bit until i get my feet back on the
      ground.
      My blessings to you all, and thaks for giving me a place toexpress my
      feelings
      Corey