Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Started Tmt, Day 4

  • sylvati
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 3, 2001
      good luck to you with your treatment. love Sylv
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 3, 2001
        Hi Edie,
        Thanks for the update. I don't think I've ever
        heard of jitters before, as a side effect I mean. I
        wonder if that could be from the amantadine, or just
        something that's happening because of the fatigue?
        Did your doctor say if amantadine has any side
        effects? Try sugar-free gum for the dry mouth. There
        is some brand made specifically for dry mouth (my
        dentist told me about it) but I can't remember what it
        is called. It was kind of expensive if I remember
        right, and the regular sugar-free gum seemed to work
        about as well. I'm glad that things aren't any worse,
        hopefully it will just get better now. Take care!

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • Edie Rodriguez
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 3, 2001
          Claudine,

          Yes, the Amantadine has a long list of side effects. I got the list around
          here somewhere. If I remember right, I believe the list of side effects
          were a lot like the Ribavirin.

          I am feeling lots better this afternoon. I actually got a little housework
          done. I am so happy because I just got called for an interview for a job.

          I was wondering, do sides come and go throughout treatment, or is this
          sweating/headache/spacy/lack of energy is what I can basically expect for
          the next 11 months?

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 3, 2001
            Edie,
            Most of us only have experience with the old
            combo and 3 times a week injections. But I would
            think that much would be the same, and other than the
            fatigue and depression, most of the side effects are
            worse the first few weeks. Also, it's been reported
            that most people who participated in studies of the
            pegylated interferons say that while the side effects
            were about the same, their quality of life while on
            peg was better than while on regular interferon. So I
            take that to mean that it must get better! So hang in
            there! Good luck on the job interview.

            http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
          • caban cirene
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 8, 2001
              Hi EDIE
              Recently finished a full year on Pegasyus combo, as
              part of clinical trial study, and thought the sides
              were A LOT less than either the old combo (w/daily
              shots) or infergen (yes, I did the full time on both
              those programs). Good luck, Cirene

              --- claudine intexas <claudineintexas@...>

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 8, 2001
                Hi Edie
                More on PEG/combo side effects...try doing your weekly
                shot on Friday night...it helped me...gave me the
                weekend to sleep it off...remember to drink LOTS of
                water...take naps...pace yourself...schedule friends
                and/or family to help...give each a weekly task for
                the next 11 months...Take care, Cirene