FWD URL: here2listen.com

  • Alley/Pat
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28 2:57 PM
      I just read this article on this site, and I know there's been studies and lots of work done over the years with pets and healing and attitude. I'm a big believer in attitude and health, so I wanted to share the article with you, but also, wanted to remind you people who are on therapy or considering it to remember your positive "vibes"!

      Our health isn't "just" physical and nobody knows exactly how every single little thing adds up to some of us being able to ward off certain illnesses while others don't. But, as one who is finishing up her treatment for hep c, I wanted to be sure yall remember to feed your brain with positive thinking while you are injecting that shot or popping that pill to attack the virus on a physical level.

      I do a lot of visualization on this treatment. As I inject the interferon I imagine these science-fiction robot-warrior nanobot type things spewing into my body and doing "seek and destroy" missions with the Hep C virus. I think of the ribavirin as 24/7 force field (I'm a big science fiction nut haha). (At age 10 I read "Psychocybernetics" (sp) and some of that actually stuck with me).

      Use your mind and any other tools and resources you have available to compliment your attack on your virus, whether it be hep b, hep c, or even something like cancer or depression etc. If you think a pet would be your thing, by all means get an easy to care for pet (as treatment will make you very tired). Hugs are a big plus in my mental health book :) and the unconditional love from a pet is just a big Godsend to me.

      How do yall compliment your treatment options? I'd love to hear :)

      http://here2listen.com/public/topics/TherapyAnimals.html

      Alley/Pat