Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Starting Tmt & water

  • Alley/Pat
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2001
      Edie, I forgot the PEG is in syringe form. Prolly no need to warm up then.
      The pen we keep refrigerated and have to warm it up by leaving it out for
      about 15 minutes.

      I don't know exactly why they say drink a lot of water, prolly to flush the
      toxins out of the body and keep you hydrated. Interferon does make you very
      dehydrated and even drinking tons of water, I still get thirsty. The trials
      found out the hard way about having their patients drink water to help
      alleviate the sides and it really works. I've heard from people who did
      interferon mono therapy before they knew about the water and they said the
      second time they did treatment, they were told to drink water and it really
      helped with the sides. They wished they'd known that beore.

      Patricia / Alley
      alleypat@...
      oshidori@...
      http://www.alleypat.com
      My ICQ#:12631861

      I can't think of a worse way to start a day than by waking up
    • David Gray @ P6 Consulting
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2001
        At 03:18 PM 03/28/2001 -0600, you wrote:
        >I don't know exactly why they say drink a lot of water, prolly to flush the
        >toxins out of the body and keep you hydrated. Interferon does make you very

        From my initial diagnosis, everyone told me to stay well hydrated and that
        was the reason given, to flush toxins. Even though I'm not on treatment
        because there is none for which I qualify, I can tell the difference in the
        way I feel when I am well hydrated and when I become lax and am not.

        My rule of thumb has become that if I don't have to pee about once an hour,
        I am not drinking enough water. Since that also gets me up out of my chair
        and moving about, it has a good secondary benefit. I don't know what I'll
        do if I'm ever wheelchair bound.

        David Gray
        HBV Chronic
        Cirrhosis w/some complications
        Irving, TX, USA
        E-Mail: <mailto:dagray@...>
        UIN: 72654171

        I believe in the sun even when it does not shine.