Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Question re Stroke & Rebetron

  • Alley/Pat
    Message 1 of 25 , Mar 1, 2001
      tatezi said <<I didn't know that the ribavirin was what caused the anemia.
      I'm glad to
      know that. Is it also the ribavirin that causes the thyroid issue, the
      crankiness and the memory loss?>>

      I forgot, what anti depressant are you on? I found a good anti d helped me a
      lot with the irritabileness and I slept better. My doc adjusts the anti d
      dosage depending on my reaction to the combo. About the 4th month I had to
      increase a while. Now I'm back down to the original dose.

      Patricia / Alley
      alleypat@...
      -----------------------------
      My ICQ#:12631861<br>
      http://members.icq.com/12631861
      12631861@...
      Message 2 of 25 , Mar 3, 2001
        Been taking prozac and haven't had any problems with depression.....just
        every now and then get overwhelmed with crankiness. The liver guy gave
        me xanax and it has helped considerably with the crankiness so maybe
        it's anxiety related. Don't know how that can be, but my body and mind
        seem to be strangers to me any more.

        Don't really want to switch antidepressants if at all possible. My
        doctor prescribes a double dose for me which keeps me and my mother
        supplied. Since my dad's death, prozac turned my mom's life around. But
        with medicare not covering it and at $200 a month for the prescription,
        she really can't afford it.

        And sleeping....I started having a problem sleeping even before starting
        tx. Blamed it on my bed being old and bought a new bed. Blamed it on my
        cats....seemed I couldn't stand to have them in bed with me any more.
        Finally it reached the point where I wasn't sleeping at all (like for 3
        weeks)....just kept getting up and walking around the house. Also had a
        problem holding my legs still.....couldn't sit and watch tv or read or
        anything. I don't know if this is related to the hep or tx or not, but I
        was diagnosed with restless leg syndrome. Since then they've had me
        taking Klonpin at night and once again sleep is not a problem. Since
        this was starting before I started treatment I doubt it is treatment
        related but maybe tx exacerbated it? I have no clue, just glad to be
        sleeping again.

        The worst thing is the blasted brain fog. I can't remember anything any
        more. And I'm so spacey all the time....can't concentrate on anything.
        Watch TV and 5 minutes later can't remember what I watched. Can't focus
        on reading....can't concentrate. Can't wait for this to end...sure hope
        it does end.

        > I forgot, what anti depressant are you on? I found a good anti d
        > helped me a lot with the irritabileness and I slept better.
        >

        > Patricia / Alley
        > alleypat@...
        > -----------------------------
        > My ICQ#:12631861<br>
        > http://members.icq.com/12631861
        > 12631861@...
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        [Click Here!]

      • jessiefromchino@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 25 , Mar 3, 2001
          Hi All,
          Well I have been off tx for 2 months know. I feel great not much
          brain fog any more I still forget sometimes what I am talking about. But
          I can watch tv and remember what I am watching. Oh I remember what
          people tell me that is so nice. My sinuses are back to normal YEA!!
          I still have joint and muscles pain but I can live with it not like it
          was on tx. My skin is not dry or itchy any more. No more red spots on my
          chest. One thing I have noticed when I am tired I have got to lay down I
          have no choice I get just beat. I think this whole thing has taught me
          to slow down I use to be a go, go and go some more person. (not any
          more) I am know a slow go person.
          I go for a 3 month blood test at the end of March. Just wanted to let
          you all know what was going on with me. I still read my e-mail every
          day.
          Take Care, Jessie

          E-Z DOES IT
        • Suzy Balone
          Message 4 of 25 , Mar 3, 2001
            Jessie and ALL,
            All right , two months off treatment , I myself have finished tx as of
            yesterday, so am still waiting to feel good, hopefully I will!
            Does anyone know how long it might take for your eyes to return to
            their previous state? Was wondering how long I should go after tx to get
            an eye exam. I am so excited and wasn to thank each and everyone of you for
            the support, prayers, and generosity of your time and knowledge shared on
            this site as well as other sites.
            Brain fog was getting pretty bad at the end, hopefully that will clear also.
            If my sinuses would clear, it would be great!! I will go in Monday for my
            final blood work, to see if I am still undectable, then will let you all
            know

            THANK YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART : )

            Suzy
            PS
            Good luck on your three month test Jessie

          • Alley/Pat
            Message 5 of 25 , Mar 4, 2001
              Jesse way to go! Glad things are easing up for you some. Keep us informed on
              your tests :)
              You give us hope

              Patricia / Alley
              alleypat@...
              -----------------------------
              Message 6 of 25 , Mar 4, 2001
                I am so glad to hear that you have finally finished! I
                don't know anything about the eyes, mine didn't get
                real bad on treatment, but it never got better either.
                The eye doctor said it was just normal aging, so who
                knows. The rest of me felt pretty good within 4
                weeks. Be sure and keep us posted on your lab tests.
                Good luck!
                Claudine

                --- Suzy Balone <suzybalone@...> wrote:
                > Jessie and ALL,
                > All right , two months off treatment , I myself
                > have finished tx as of
                > yesterday, so am still waiting to feel good,
                > hopefully I will!
                > Does anyone know how long it might take for your
                > eyes to return to
                > their previous state? Was wondering how long I
                > should go after tx to get
                > an eye exam. I am so excited and wasn to thank each
                > and everyone of you for
                > the support, prayers, and generosity of your time
                > and knowledge shared on
                > this site as well as other sites.
                > Brain fog was getting pretty bad at the end,
                > hopefully that will clear also.
                > If my sinuses would clear, it would be great!! I
                > will go in Monday for my
                > final blood work, to see if I am still undectable,
                > then will let you all
                > know
                >
                > THANK YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART : )
                >
                > Suzy
                > PS
                > Good luck on your three month test Jessie

                http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
              • Constance Dickson
                Message 7 of 25 , Mar 4, 2001
                  Suzy, mine got better after I was daignosed with
                  Diabetes and went on meds for it. I don't know if
                  this helps you at all, but that is what happened to
                  me. Good Luck, Connie

                  Message 8 of 25 , Mar 6, 2001
                    Claudine,
                    Bottomed out again on my WBC's 2.1.
                    RBC's 2.7, no wonder I have felt so crummy, just got the results today from
                    yesterday so hope to be feeling better soon since I don't have to take the
                    tx. can't keep much down either, Things should start looking up though and
                    any way I MADE IT! Whew what a long haul, will keep ou posted on my pcr's
                    Thanks for your support
                    Suzy

                  • Suzy Balone
                    Message 9 of 25 , Mar 6, 2001
                      Thanks Connie,
                      Hope things are going well this time around, good work with the interview,
                      wish I could have seen it
                      Suzy

                    • Suzy Balone
                      Message 10 of 25 , Dec 21, 2001
                        Thanks Claudine
                        you are an abundant wealth of information, I did quit taking it, it was
                        wonderful to have regular bowel movements again but was gettign tired of
                        taking all those pills,
                        Dr said just take some colace, tried that a long ti,e ago but will give it
                        another whirl,, have tried tat's flax, sunflower seeds and almond mixture
                        as well as having hot cereal every morning ( or most) and adding bran to it,
                        have been exercising, just must have a sluggish bowel, I can understand
                        about putting too many things in your body which i s why I wasn't doing it
                        all the time. well once agin thanks
                        Suzy

                        Message 11 of 25 , Oct 1, 2003
                          Sorry Suzy, I didn't read your message very good the first time. Tatezi quit the group but I keep in contact with her and she's doing ok.