Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] INFO: Triple therapy for non-responders

  • Edie Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2001
      I am going on this triple therapy in a few weeks when the Rib is approved as
      a single agent for HCV.

      I am a 1a, naive, with 3.7 m copies per liter.

      Wish me luck.

      Edie

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2001
        Hi Doc,
        If I'm reading, and adding right, this study
        mentions a total of 4 studies (or abstracts) on triple
        therapy in non-responders. I have one of these, and
        in that one the dosing of interferon was 5mu every
        other day. Would you happen to know the dosing of
        interferon in the other studies? I don't suppose it's
        that important, I am just curious. My doctor is
        currently participating in a study of triple therapy
        but with daily dosing of interferon, but he wants me
        to wait and do triple therapy with a pegylated
        interferon.
        Claudine

        --- Doc <gidoctor@...> wrote:
        > First There Was One, Then Two, Now Three?
        > T. M. McCashland, M.D.

        > Brillanti S, Levantesi F, Masi L, et al. Triple
        > antiviral therapy as a new option for patients
        > with interferon nonresponsive chronic hepatitis C.
        > Hepatology 2000;32:630-4.

        > Three abstracts (Hepatology 2000;32:768A, 770A,
        > 1140A) also describe a higher response rate
        > (15-43%) with triple therapy than combination
        > therapy in initial nonresponders.

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • Doc
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2001
          Claudine,
          I havent checked that out, it maybe daily or alternate day or with peg..all the same. No definite
          guidelines yet as the studies are too few. Each trial wants to be different so it can get published
          , its the world of publish or perish!

          Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM