To Marty: Re: Pen delivery

  • Claudine Crews
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 10, 2000
      Marty, what is the "pen" delivery system? I am unfamiliar with this
      term. Your not talking about Peg interferon are you?

      >From: "byteme" <byteme@...>
      >To: GIWorld-Hepatitis@onelist.com
      >Subject: Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] P.S. to Peggy, first time here
      >Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 21:35:56 -0400
      >
      >Also check out the "pen" delivery system. It is easier to use, and less
      >problems or pain. Marty

    • byteme
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 11, 2000
        The "pen" is a pre-filled, concentrated amount of interferon, for
        injection. It is about the size of large pen, that you screw on a very
        small, and narrow, special needle, and you dial in your dose at the
        bottom. Since the needle is smaller, and the interferon more
        concentrated, many people find it easier to use. You don't have to draw
        from a vial, and all the other hassels, just dial in the dose to the
        line on the bottom, screw on a cap, and just push the bottom after you
        pierce your skin. You then unscrew the needle, place back the cap on the
        pen, and put it back into the refrigerator. When done with that pen,
        dump it into the same sharp's container.

        It is more convient, many patients state it "burns" less, and "hurts"
        less, and it is much easier to use. Marty