combo dosing

  • Alley/Pat
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2001
      I just love being right! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Doc let me do every other day dosing (no 3x a week). I am overweight and sure glad I did.

      article excerpt:

      ................suggested that in individuals who are heavier (have a higher body mass index), higher doses of interferon and ribavirin might be beneficial.............

      But I think that the one thing that I've taken away as someone who treats patients with hepatitis C, is to pay close attention to the doses of the medications in respect to the size of my patient, and to do what I can to encourage patients having side effects to stay on, as much as they can, both interferon and ribavirin-perhaps even using medications that might stimulate red blood cell production to offset the anemia that occurs with ribavirin in order to sustain the higher dose. I think that that's probably going to have an effect on my clinical practice. And those would be the few findings that have come out here that I think will be important to patient care.

      http://www.hivandhepatitis.com/hivtreatmentlive/html/ts103000.html

      Alley/Pat
      alleypat@...
      DFW Liver Disease Newsletter
      http://community.dallasnews.com/dmn/dfwliver

      Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened." ---Winston Churchill