Telling your story

  • Alley/Pat
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 3, 2001
      I thot this was very interesting and wanted to share it. I'm a big journal-er and have lost more of my journals than i care to admit lol. but, since having hep I've found I love to read other's hep stories, how it affects them, how they deal with situations. I've learned a lot. So this book seemed right up my "alley" lol thot yal might like to know about it too

      Books and Multimedia

      A Guide for Recalling and
      Telling Your Life Story
      by Hospice Foundation of America $14.25
      Regular Price: $16.00
      You Save: $1.75

      We're very excited about this new, very giftable book from the Hospice Foundation of America. This large-format 272-page book guides you through the telling of your life story, suggesting topics and questions to consider, with generous space to write it all down. Prepare for an emotional journey as topics spark memories or experiences you thought lost in the mists of time. This great book enables you to create something tangible and uniquely yours - the story of your life the way you want to tell it.

      Alley/Pat
      alleypat@...
      DFW Liver Disease Newsletter
      http://community.dallasnews.com/dmn/dfwliver

      Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened." ---Winston Churchill

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 3, 2001

      • Lorad8@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 10, 2001
          Alleypat,
          I have been unable to get to a computer for a long time. Just now trying to
          get caught up. The book you spoke about offered by Hospice sounds like a
          great way to "journal" your life. I was wondering if you could tell me how
          Icould get one.
          thanks,
          Lora

        • Alley/Pat
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 15, 2001
            Lora I just read your email. I'll see if I can find the book again and it's
            probably on amazon.com or something. But I've forgotten the title lol

            Alley/Pat
            alleypat@...
            http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/writingandpublishing

            "When confusion ceases, tranquility comes; when tranquility comes, wisdom
            appears, and when wisdom appears, reality is seen."
            Keizan Jokan (1264-1325)
          • Lorad8@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 15, 2001
              Alley,
              Great, I appreciate you checking. Let me know if you find it.
              thanks.
              Lora

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 15, 2001
                Here's the post on telling your story for whoever was looking for it!

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 16, 2001
                    Hey, thanks for checking alley.
                    Lora

                  • Alley/Pat
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 18, 2001
                      Lora sorry I'm just out of it. I'm so blah my blah is blah.
                      Alley/Pat
                      http://www.livejournal.com