Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Welcome, Ray!

  • Mzgee1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2001
      Hey Ray, nice to meet you! I was diagnosed in 1996, basically did symptom
      management til July of 2000. My viral load went over 5,000,000 and the
      consensus was to begin Tx. The timing was right, I was ready to give it a
      shot (no pun intended! LOL!) Even tho' I started mid-July, I am only in week
      12! Problems with sides and low red counts etc. had me on and off.
      Basically we had to start over and here I am finally in wk12. Thank God!!!
      The sides are crappy...no other way to say it. Lately I've had problems with
      vomiting, which I absolutely HATE!!!!! I'd take any pain over
      nausea/vomiting!!!...and there's plenty of that! I am 49 (OMG!) and probably
      contracted HCV in 1970. At least that's what they figure...I got HepB in
      1970 from IVDU. I NEVER thought this would come back to haunt me 30 years
      later!!!! I am genotype 2B with stage II Fibrosis. I have cryoglobulinemia
      and fibro from hep. If my viral load shows response (I just had it drawn
      yesterday) I will come off TX in April.
      I believe that each person must deal with their illness in whatever way is
      BEST for them. I wish you good health in the future. God Bless and welcome!
      mzgee

    • Suzy Balone
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2001
        Ray,

        Welcome to the group and hope that you get as much out of it as some of the
        rest of us have. Its great for support and letting go of your worries at
        least someone will have most likely had some sort of side effect and can
        help with what has helped for them. Take Care and nice meeting you

        Suzy