Re: new here, & Anne

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2001
      Hi Ray,
      It's nice to meet you, although I'm sorry it's
      via HCV!
      I am a non-responder (53 weeks combo), genotype
      1b, only stage 1 fibrosis 3 years ago when I was
      diagnosed. My sides during combo were not too
      terrible, but I've 'met' many who absolutely could not
      take it. For those, like you, there isn't much
      available except the 'alternatives'. I hope you share
      with all of us what you are taking. Even those who
      tolerate and choose medical treatment can often
      benefit from complimentary herbs and supplements. I
      never thought I'd see the day, but even NIH and
      doctors are starting to realize there might be
      something to this! Right now I am taking Milk Thistle
      (Maximum Milk Thistle), Vit. C (1000mg) and Vit. E
      (800IU) for my liver, St. Johns Wort for my family :),
      and Flax Seed Oil, Calcium w/D, and Magnesium for the
      bones and joints since I have early osteoporosis.
      (Common in those with liver disease.) I also take a
      multi without iron, and B-complex. (Anne - you say you
      have trouble with the milk thistle - have you tried
      changing brands, to a higher quality product?) I think
      we could use more info on alternatives, so whatever
      you can share will be appreciated.
      This is a great group. I think you will like it
      here.
      Happy New Year Everyone!!!!

      http://photos.yahoo.com/
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 22, 2001
        claudineintexas@... writes:

        << Anne - you say you
        have trouble with the milk thistle - have you tried
        changing brands, to a higher quality product?) I thin >>
        Dear Claudine, No I hadn't thought about that, but I will and will let you
        know how it works. Thanks for putting my brain on a new path. Anne