Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] I am new

  • Constance Dickson
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 1, 2001
      Hi Ray, I am Connie. I really understand what you
      mean, when you said, what Hep C has done to your
      friends. I guess they just don't understand and
      except it. I have no other reason that I can think
      of, or, want to think of, for them to be that way. I
      currently am not on meds either. Do you know your
      Genotype? You will meet a lot of nice wonderful,
      people here and get support from them also. Take
      Care, Connie

      http://photos.yahoo.com/
    • jessiefromchino@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 1, 2001
        Hi Ray, My name is Jessie I have had hep-c science 1976. It was all
        about peace love and drugs then. I have been clean for 25 years. The
        hep-c started getting to me about 3 years ago. I just finished treatment
        Fri. I go to the doctors Wed. to see how it is going.
        I went to a lot of groups on the internet this was the best one for me.
        I have learned so much from the people they are so kind and
        understanding.
        Jessie

        E-Z DOES IT
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 1, 2001
          Welcome to our group Ray.

          I treated my Hep naturally for a year and a half with herbs, vitamins,
          nutrition and stress elimination. At the end of that time my counts had
          doubled and I decided to go for the treatment.

          And I've been pretty lucky with the tx. My sides have been pretty minimal.
          Now if this genotype 1b will just respond...and I'll find out at my 6month
          PCR in 2 weeks.

          So feel free to let us know what you are doing with your personal treatment
          plan. Someone might have some good tips for you...and I'd be glad to share
          everything I did (or didn't) do.

          Blessings
          Tatezi

        • RLWINNE@cs.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 1, 2001
            Ray it is nice to meet you and I think you will get a lot out of the people
            here on the list. My husband has the Hep C and his name is Ray also. He has
            responded well to the combo which has helped a secondary infection he has
            also called Porphyria or PCT that is caused from the Hep C. In Feb he will
            get off the Combo and finished 18 months on it. Since the skin disease
            Porphyria is rare only 1% of the people with Hep C has this also they wanted
            to keep him on the combo longer since it helped it also. We are hoping that
            this year brings help for all the non-responders to slay the dragon and keep
            it asleep. Hope this finds you well and welcome to the group.

            Winne
          • Alley/Pat
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 2, 2001
              Winne,

              I met a lady from Miss the other nite in a hep c chatroom I hang in. Her
              husband has the hep and is not doing well with the treatments. May I pass
              along your email addy to her? Her nickname is Sylvia.

              Alley/Pat
              alleypat@...
              DFW Liver Disease Newsletter
              http://community.dallasnews.com/dmn/dfwliver

              Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most pick themselves up and
              hurry off as if nothing has happened." ---Winston Churchill
            • RLWINNE@cs.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 2, 2001
                Alley

                Hope you are doing well and yes you can pass on my email address to Sylvia.
                Tell her to get a hold of me. What part of Miss is she from do you know?
                Hoping the New Year is better for everyone on this list then the past year.
                Staying positive!!!!!!!

                Winne
              • FLYRJA7@gateway.net
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 4, 2001
                  In a message dated 12/31/2000 6:19:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,

                • FLYRJA7@gateway.net
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 5, 2001
                    In a message dated 01/05/2001 12:17:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,

                  • FLYRJA7@gateway.net
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 6, 2001
                      In a message dated 01/05/2001 10:02:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,

                    • Constance Dickson
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 6, 2001
                        I think that you need to put the address below in the
                        To:, instead of GIWorld-Hepatitis@egroups.com

                        http://photos.yahoo.com/