Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] I am new

  • Alley/Pat
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 1, 2001
      Welcome Ray it's nice to meet you :)

      I'm alley, 45 in Texas. I've known about my HCV since 88 when I tested
      positive for the antibodies while donating blood (and for HBV). Slowly over
      the years the hep symptoms have gotten worse, with of course fatigue the
      main culprt. My viral load before starting treatment was 1.3 million, my
      genotype !B and my liver biopsy mild inflamation. I'm on my 8th month of
      treatment now. My PCR (viral load) is undetected and I plan on staying that
      way :)

      What is your viral load, genotype and biopsy?

      alley
      (Patricia Hauldren)
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 1, 2001
        Dear Ray,
        I understand where you are at. I, too was not only a non-responder to
        treatment, but a negative responder. I don't react very well to milk
        thistle. But my liver seems to be hanging in there. You my e-mail me at
        avansi7465@.... and I will send you a list of what I take. It seems to
        help when I'm not throwing it up. I will say this, the combo is a rough road
        to hoe, especially if you don't respond to it. So maybe, if you seem to be
        in pretty good shape, you should wait for alternatives. They are coming.
        Slowly, but surely. Be a fighter. This DRAGON can be slayed. Good luck and
        good health, Anne
      • Constance Dickson
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 1, 2001
          Hi Ray, I am Connie. I really understand what you
          mean, when you said, what Hep C has done to your
          friends. I guess they just don't understand and
          except it. I have no other reason that I can think
          of, or, want to think of, for them to be that way. I
          currently am not on meds either. Do you know your
          Genotype? You will meet a lot of nice wonderful,
          people here and get support from them also. Take
          Care, Connie

          http://photos.yahoo.com/
        • jessiefromchino@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 1, 2001
            Hi Ray, My name is Jessie I have had hep-c science 1976. It was all
            about peace love and drugs then. I have been clean for 25 years. The
            hep-c started getting to me about 3 years ago. I just finished treatment
            Fri. I go to the doctors Wed. to see how it is going.
            I went to a lot of groups on the internet this was the best one for me.
            I have learned so much from the people they are so kind and
            understanding.
            Jessie

            E-Z DOES IT
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 1, 2001
              Welcome to our group Ray.

              I treated my Hep naturally for a year and a half with herbs, vitamins,
              nutrition and stress elimination. At the end of that time my counts had
              doubled and I decided to go for the treatment.

              And I've been pretty lucky with the tx. My sides have been pretty minimal.
              Now if this genotype 1b will just respond...and I'll find out at my 6month
              PCR in 2 weeks.

              So feel free to let us know what you are doing with your personal treatment
              plan. Someone might have some good tips for you...and I'd be glad to share
              everything I did (or didn't) do.

              Blessings
              Tatezi

            • RLWINNE@cs.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 1, 2001
                Ray it is nice to meet you and I think you will get a lot out of the people
                here on the list. My husband has the Hep C and his name is Ray also. He has
                responded well to the combo which has helped a secondary infection he has
                also called Porphyria or PCT that is caused from the Hep C. In Feb he will
                get off the Combo and finished 18 months on it. Since the skin disease
                Porphyria is rare only 1% of the people with Hep C has this also they wanted
                to keep him on the combo longer since it helped it also. We are hoping that
                this year brings help for all the non-responders to slay the dragon and keep
                it asleep. Hope this finds you well and welcome to the group.

                Winne
              • Alley/Pat
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 2, 2001
                  Winne,

                  I met a lady from Miss the other nite in a hep c chatroom I hang in. Her
                  husband has the hep and is not doing well with the treatments. May I pass
                  along your email addy to her? Her nickname is Sylvia.

                  Alley/Pat
                  alleypat@...
                  DFW Liver Disease Newsletter
                  http://community.dallasnews.com/dmn/dfwliver

                  Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most pick themselves up and
                  hurry off as if nothing has happened." ---Winston Churchill
                • RLWINNE@cs.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 2, 2001

                    Hope you are doing well and yes you can pass on my email address to Sylvia.
                    Tell her to get a hold of me. What part of Miss is she from do you know?
                    Hoping the New Year is better for everyone on this list then the past year.
                    Staying positive!!!!!!!

                    Winne
                  • FLYRJA7@gateway.net
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 4, 2001
                      In a message dated 12/31/2000 6:19:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,

                    • FLYRJA7@gateway.net
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 5, 2001
                        In a message dated 01/05/2001 12:17:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,

                      • FLYRJA7@gateway.net
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 6, 2001
                          In a message dated 01/05/2001 10:02:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,

                        • Constance Dickson
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 6, 2001
                            I think that you need to put the address below in the
                            To:, instead of GIWorld-Hepatitis@egroups.com

                            http://photos.yahoo.com/