I am new

  • Ray N
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 31, 2000
      I would like to introduce myself. My Name is Ray Norman and I have
      hep-c I don't do traditional meds because I cant take the sides. I
      take herbs for my hep-c and Pray that will keep me in check tell the
      time comes that there is allot easier way to deal with the hep-c. I
      think what ever works for who is great for them. I am just after
      knowledge and am willing to share what I can. Also I am 51 had active
      hep-c for up tell a year and a half ago. I still test positive and
      pray someday to see that change. My quality of life has been better
      in my last 1 and 1/2 years than ever before. I can honistly say I am
      a happy hepper. Not because I have it because I hate what it has done
      to my friends. I hope I am not rambeling on. I just want everyone to
      know I am here and who I am.
      Ray
    • Ron Miller
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 31, 2000
        Ray I also can not take the combo can't handle the side effects.
        What herbs do you take, what dosages? Tell me the story.Replay on or off group, my direct address is,
        rlmbkm@...
        Thanks, Ron
        I would like to introduce myself. My Name is Ray Norman and I have
        hep-c I don't do traditional meds because I cant take the sides. I
        take herbs for my hep-c and Pray that will keep me in check tell the
        time comes that there is allot easier way to deal with the hep-c. I
        think what ever works for who is great for them. I am just after
        knowledge and am willing to share what I can. Also I am 51 had active
        hep-c for up tell a year and a half ago. I still test positive and
        pray someday to see that change. My quality of life has been better
        in my last 1 and 1/2 years than ever before. I can honistly say I am
        a happy hepper. Not because I have it because I hate what it has done
        to my friends. I hope I am not rambeling on. I just want everyone to
        know I am here and who I am.
        Ray

        Community email addresses:
        Post message: GIWorld-Hepatitis@onelist.com
        Subscribe: GIWorld-Hepatitis-subscribe@onelist.com

        Shortcut URL to this page:
        http://www.onelist.com/community/GIWorld-Hepatitis

      • Alley/Pat
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 1 12:15 AM
          Welcome Ray it's nice to meet you :)

          I'm alley, 45 in Texas. I've known about my HCV since 88 when I tested
          positive for the antibodies while donating blood (and for HBV). Slowly over
          the years the hep symptoms have gotten worse, with of course fatigue the
          main culprt. My viral load before starting treatment was 1.3 million, my
          genotype !B and my liver biopsy mild inflamation. I'm on my 8th month of
          treatment now. My PCR (viral load) is undetected and I plan on staying that
          way :)

          What is your viral load, genotype and biopsy?

          alley
          (Patricia Hauldren)
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 1 12:15 AM
            Dear Ray,
            I understand where you are at. I, too was not only a non-responder to
            treatment, but a negative responder. I don't react very well to milk
            thistle. But my liver seems to be hanging in there. You my e-mail me at
            avansi7465@.... and I will send you a list of what I take. It seems to
            help when I'm not throwing it up. I will say this, the combo is a rough road
            to hoe, especially if you don't respond to it. So maybe, if you seem to be
            in pretty good shape, you should wait for alternatives. They are coming.
            Slowly, but surely. Be a fighter. This DRAGON can be slayed. Good luck and
            good health, Anne
          • Constance Dickson
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 1 12:18 AM
              Hi Ray, I am Connie. I really understand what you
              mean, when you said, what Hep C has done to your
              friends. I guess they just don't understand and
              except it. I have no other reason that I can think
              of, or, want to think of, for them to be that way. I
              currently am not on meds either. Do you know your
              Genotype? You will meet a lot of nice wonderful,
              people here and get support from them also. Take
              Care, Connie

              http://photos.yahoo.com/
            • jessiefromchino@webtv.net
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 1 11:36 AM
                Hi Ray, My name is Jessie I have had hep-c science 1976. It was all
                about peace love and drugs then. I have been clean for 25 years. The
                hep-c started getting to me about 3 years ago. I just finished treatment
                Fri. I go to the doctors Wed. to see how it is going.
                I went to a lot of groups on the internet this was the best one for me.
                I have learned so much from the people they are so kind and
                understanding.
                Jessie

                E-Z DOES IT
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 1 12:32 PM
                  Welcome to our group Ray.

                  I treated my Hep naturally for a year and a half with herbs, vitamins,
                  nutrition and stress elimination. At the end of that time my counts had
                  doubled and I decided to go for the treatment.

                  And I've been pretty lucky with the tx. My sides have been pretty minimal.
                  Now if this genotype 1b will just respond...and I'll find out at my 6month
                  PCR in 2 weeks.

                  So feel free to let us know what you are doing with your personal treatment
                  plan. Someone might have some good tips for you...and I'd be glad to share
                  everything I did (or didn't) do.

                  Blessings
                  Tatezi

                • RLWINNE@cs.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 1 2:44 PM
                    Ray it is nice to meet you and I think you will get a lot out of the people
                    here on the list. My husband has the Hep C and his name is Ray also. He has
                    responded well to the combo which has helped a secondary infection he has
                    also called Porphyria or PCT that is caused from the Hep C. In Feb he will
                    get off the Combo and finished 18 months on it. Since the skin disease
                    Porphyria is rare only 1% of the people with Hep C has this also they wanted
                    to keep him on the combo longer since it helped it also. We are hoping that
                    this year brings help for all the non-responders to slay the dragon and keep
                    it asleep. Hope this finds you well and welcome to the group.

                    Winne
                  • Alley/Pat
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 2 1:12 AM
                      Winne,

                      I met a lady from Miss the other nite in a hep c chatroom I hang in. Her
                      husband has the hep and is not doing well with the treatments. May I pass
                      along your email addy to her? Her nickname is Sylvia.

                      Alley/Pat
                      alleypat@...
                      DFW Liver Disease Newsletter
                      http://community.dallasnews.com/dmn/dfwliver

                      Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most pick themselves up and
                      hurry off as if nothing has happened." ---Winston Churchill
                    • RLWINNE@cs.com
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 2 3:26 AM
                        Alley

                        Hope you are doing well and yes you can pass on my email address to Sylvia.
                        Tell her to get a hold of me. What part of Miss is she from do you know?
                        Hoping the New Year is better for everyone on this list then the past year.
                        Staying positive!!!!!!!

                        Winne
                      • FLYRJA7@gateway.net
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 4 9:16 PM
                          In a message dated 12/31/2000 6:19:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,

                        • FLYRJA7@gateway.net
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 5 7:01 AM
                            In a message dated 01/05/2001 12:17:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,

                          • FLYRJA7@gateway.net
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 6 1:00 AM
                              In a message dated 01/05/2001 10:02:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,

                            • Constance Dickson
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jan 6 5:56 AM
                                I think that you need to put the address below in the
                                To:, instead of GIWorld-Hepatitis@egroups.com

                                http://photos.yahoo.com/