APPEAL TO SURGEON GENERAL

  • Louis Del Valle
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2000
      I received the following notice from the Latino Organization for Liver Awareness (LOLA), 1560 Mayflower Ave., Bronx, NY, dated 11/14/00. (Tel. 718-892-8697.) Thought some of would be interested.

      Dear Members, Families & Friends:

      David Satcher, the US Surgeon General, hasn't got enough money to buy the stamps for those letter to all American households warning about hepatitis C. (USA Today, Sunday November 12, 2000.) Hepatitis C Outreach Project wants to help the Surgeon General warn the American People.

      The last time a Surgeon General sent out such a letter, the reason was AIDS and the Surgeon General was C. Everett Koop.

      Everyone who believes that this is an important issue, send Dr. Satcher one stamp (more if you wish) to help get the word out to the American people. We have the capacity to make a difference at 66 (cents) each.

      Should every American household be told about the risks of hepatitis C? The Surgeon General thinks so and so do I.

      If you agree, let's get this rolling. Forward this email to everyone you know. Tell your relatives, friends, co-workers- everyone. Make sure everyone has the opportunity to be heard. Post to message boards everywhere. Suggest others do the same and let's let this government know this matters to us as a united group on this one issue...AWARENESS.

      Flood the Surgeon General with one postage stamp at a time. I guarantee the impact will make a difference and a statement that cannot be ignored. The Surgeon General has invited input from the American people through letters and emails. He wants to hear from you. Leave no doubt as to where we stand on this issue. Vote to improve the status of hepatitis C by helping to get the word out.

      Send stamps to:

      The Surgeon General
      U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
      200 Independence Avenue SW
      Washington, DC 20201

    • Mzgee1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 9, 2000
        This is also going on at Hep-Central! Remember, stamps go up as of
        Jan.1...so let's get them in the mail to him right away. As one of my fellow
        Hep-Central members put it...Let's Stamp Out the Silence (S.O.S.) I think
        it's a good phrase for the project. Even if each HCV + patient sent 1 stamp
        each, we'd be able to reach another 4 million people!!!!
        This is a gift we can give to the public! God Bless this endeavor! mzgee