off topic

  • Susan Jackson
    Message 1 of 27 , Nov 9, 2000
      > Subject: Ethnicity of Jesus
      >
      > > >Scholars have long debated the exact ethnicity and nationality of
      > Jesus.
      > > >Recently, at a theological meeting in Rome, scholars had a heated
      > debate
      > on
      > > >this subject. One by one, they offered their evidence.............
      > > >
      > > >THREE PROOFS THAT JESUS WAS MEXICAN:
      > > >1. His first name was Jesus
      > > >2. He was bilingual
      > > >3. He was always being harassed by the authorities
      > > >
      > > >But then there were equally good arguments that....... JESUS WAS BLACK
      > > >1. He called everybody "brother"
      > > >2. He liked Gospel
      > > >3. He couldn't get a fair trial
      > > >
      > > >But then there were equally good arguments that..... JESUS WAS JEWISH
      > > >1. He went into His Father's business
      > > >2. He lived at home until he was 33
      > > >3. He was sure his Mother was a virgin, and his Mother was sure he was
      > God
      > > >
      > > >But then there were equally good arguments that....... JESUS WAS
      > ITALIAN
      > > >1. He talked with his hands
      > > >2. He had wine with every meal
      > > >3. He used olive oil
      > > >
      > > >But then there were equally good arguments that....... JESUS WAS A
      > > >CALIFORNIAN
      > > >1. He never cut his hair
      > > >2. He walked around barefoot
      > > >3. He started a new religion
      > > >

      > > >But then there were equally good arguments that....... JESUS WAS IRISH
      > > >1. He never got married
      > > >2. He was always telling stories
      > > >3. He loved green pastures
      > > >

      > > >But perhaps the most compelling evidence.........
      > > >THREE PROOFS THAT JESUS WAS A WOMAN
      > > >1. He had to feed a crowd at a moment's notice when there was no food
      > > >2. He kept trying to get the message across to a bunch of men who JUST
      > > >DIDN'T GET IT
      > > >3. Even when He was dead, He had to get up because there was more work
      > for
      > > >him to do.

    • sylvati
      Message 2 of 27 , Nov 9, 2000
        he he. love sylv
        > > Jesus.
        > > debate
        > > on

        BLACK

        > > God

        > > ITALIAN

        IRISH

        JUST
        > > for
        > >

        > Community email addresses:
        > Post message: GIWorld-Hepatitis@onelist.com
        > Subscribe: GIWorld-Hepatitis-subscribe@onelist.com
        >
        > Shortcut URL to this page:
        > http://www.onelist.com/community/GIWorld-Hepatitis

      • AndromedaGurl
        Message 3 of 27 , Nov 2, 2001
          "To restrict the art of healing to one class of men and deny equal
          privileges to others will constitute the Bastille of medical science.
          All such laws are un-American and despotic and have no place in a
          republic..."

          ~Benjamin Rush MD, signer of the Declaration of Independence, physician
          to George Washington~

          Tat, wow, thanks for sharing that. I love learning little things like this
          :)

          alley
          Message 4 of 27 , Nov 2, 2001
            I love quotes like that too and whenever I see them I tuck them away for
            sig lines.

            Message 5 of 27 , Dec 21, 2001
              Connie, I can really empathize with the water situation. I always
              have taken a cup of water to bed with me...only thing is, now the cat
              drinks it too =^..^=

              LOL, you just gave me a solution, take a BOTTLE of water to bed.
              DUHHHH, talk about brain-fog, now I shoulda thought of that myself.
              Although now I'll probably miss waking up to the slurp slurp of kitty
              drinks. I admit I get a laff watching her sneak up the side of the
              bed to get to the water. She thinks she's really getting away with
              murder.

              Take care Connie
              Huggggs
              Carol

              Constance Dickson wrote:

              > Thanks Claudine,
              > Speaking of fluids I was told I need to eat salty
              > things because my sodium level low I consume 1,1/2,
              > too 2,1/2 gallons a day. I have to have water
              > constantly, LOL, even sleep with a bottle of water.
              > This cold thing is really been getting me down I never
              > completely get over it when it flares up again, full
              > strength.
              > Take Care, Connie
              > Claudine How is your Son doing?
              >
              > --- claudine intexas <claudineintexas@...>
              > wrote:
              > > I'd move to Bibb county! Even a 6 month wait would
              > > be
              > > worth it - when the 6 months is up. You have long
              > > term
              > > health problems, not JUST today. Sounds like you
              > > need
              > > to go to bed, take care of yourself. Drink lots of
              > > fluids. Don't stress out over all this.
              > > Hugs,
              > > Claudine

              > > Check out Yahoo! Shopping and Yahoo! Auctions for
              > > all of
              > > your unique holiday gifts! Buy at
              > > http://shopping.yahoo.com
              > > or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com

              > or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com

            • Constance Dickson
              Message 6 of 27 , Dec 21, 2001
                lol...My Pomerainian, Bronx will do the same thing. he
                will stand there and be watchful as he drinks it all
                up but I got him a few times. Grabbed him and said
                BOO, and he yelps like you have hurt him and will not
                look at me for a few days has went to the extreme of
                not coming in my room. The bottle thing has just been
                about 6 months now. I like the ones with the big
                opening so you can put ice in them, Minute Maid oj has
                one with big neck. Got the idea from a 2 year old
                that I think gave me this cold originally. Well is
                time for me to grab my bottle and be off to bed....lol
                Connie

                http://greetings.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 27 , Mar 15, 2002
                  You have an adorable looking family Alley! I love the way you did the
                  pics, putting them together like that.....will check out the rest of you
                  website later. I hear ya about the tea....I live on it. lol.

                  Carol

                  Message 8 of 27 , Nov 4, 2002
                    Now don't be telling our secrets....let's surprise eveyrrone <g>
                    Message 9 of 27 , Feb 5, 2003
                      And would Madam care for a saucer of milk to go with the meow? lol.

                      Message 10 of 27 , Jun 29, 2003
                        HI.Enjoy the little things in life for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.

                      • w.m.landstra
                        Message 11 of 27 , Feb 4, 2005
                          HI.Some of the girls have been so long on the group that they have taken their pictures from the photo-section.Yes ladies growing older hurts.lol. Everybody ok?.Willem.

                        • Susan Enyart
                          Message 12 of 27 , Feb 4, 2005
                            Hi Willem,
                            Still here and kickin'. 2 years SVR. I feel real good, just get tired a lot easier than I should. Anxious for spring.
                            How are you doing?

                            Susan

                            Message 13 of 27 , Feb 5, 2005
                              HI.Going now for two years SVR too.Feel good,much better then before
                              TX.Still don.t believe the virus is gone,something in my imagination.The
                              only virus I hve to beat now is the nicotine-virus.I don.t seem to be able
                              to stop.CAN ANYBODY GIVE ME THE GOLDEN TIP.,please.The winner gets a really
                              nice present from me from Holland.Love to all of you.Willem.
                            • cable mom
                              Message 14 of 27 , Feb 5, 2005
                                Yes, Willem.
                                Much better, actually, now that we've had a shot of your fine, Dutch humor!
                                Pam in Maine

                                Message 15 of 27 , Feb 5, 2005
                                  In a message dated 2/4/2005 3:01:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                                  w.landstra@... writes:

                                  HI.Some of the girls have been so long on the group that they have taken
                                  their pictures from the photo-section.Yes ladies growing older hurts.lol.
                                  Everybody ok?.Willem.

                                  Hanging in, but I neve sent my picture in. Just had my 49th birthday last
                                  month. I look better now than I did for my 45th...............for whatever
                                  that might be worth.........

                                  Message 16 of 27 , Feb 5, 2005
                                    In a message dated 2/5/2005 5:14:14 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                                    w.landstra@... writes:

                                    HI.Going now for two years SVR too.Feel good,much better then before
                                    TX.Still don.t believe the virus is gone,something in my imagination.The
                                    only virus I hve to beat now is the nicotine-virus.I don.t seem to be able
                                    to stop.CAN ANYBODY GIVE ME THE GOLDEN TIP.,please.The winner gets a really
                                    nice present from me from Holland.Love to all of you.Willem.

                                    Wish I could say the same. Good news is that my viral load is lowest now
                                    that it's been since it shot through the roof while I was on treatment. Immune
                                    system and vits seem to be doing more good than docs gave them credit for.
                                    Nicotine is one I've been trying to kick for years. I have slowed down
                                    considerably. I've tried the patch, the filters (they worked best). I can't take
                                    the mini welbutron........so. David quit years ago (before my time) and
                                    gained so much weight that the docs were appalled. Magic pill is to truly WANT
                                    to quit.
                                    Wish I could be of more help.

                                  • Shshonee (Alley)
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Feb 9, 2005
                                      <<HI.Some of the girls have been so long on the group that they have taken their pictures from the photo-section.Yes ladies growing older hurts.lol. Everybody ok?.Willem.>>

                                      haaaaaaa Willem, so funny :) hugs to you.

                                      I interviewed for a job Tuesday, and did one 2 weeks ago. I'm looking for work tho it'll take a lot of pain pills to get me thru a work week. <le sigh> But I'm broke and don't get disability, my car is falling part as is my house. I'll work as long as I can stand it, then not I guess. Such is life! :)

                                      Good to hear from everyone. Maybe Doc will get on soon and nip that auto message in the buttocks.

                                      DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOC!!!

                                      :)

                                      Happy Valentines Day (comming up)

                                    • w.m.landstra
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Feb 10, 2005
                                        HI.Thanks for the hug.For seven years I did.nt do any serious work,no
                                        good.After TX and SVR I started to work again,my old trade Electro-business,
                                        and believe me working is a terrific medicine,even when you work a couple of
                                        hours a day,voluntary work,helping out etc.Very satisfying.Find work you
                                        like to do.It gets your mind of things.Sitting all day behind the geraniums
                                        mabye good for them but not for you.Our Tat,works fulltime despite her
                                        recent setbacks and illness,where is she?, get on yr soapbox and report for
                                        duty! how is Carol doing?,Sorry to hear that you can.t get disability.You
                                        should,yre ill.Go sit on a oilrig in yr Texas and tell them you not get off
                                        before you get disability.Wish you all the best.Willem.
                                      • Shshonee (Alley)
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Feb 10, 2005
                                          Willem said <<Sitting all day behind the geraniums
                                          mabye good for them but not for you.>>

                                          Not to mention getting attacked by my attack cats!

                                          <<Go sit on a oilrig in yr Texas and tell them you not get off
                                          before you get disability>>

                                          haaaaaaaa no joke. Well I've realized I've got to set myself up with my docs with records of all my problems. Amazingly enough, as much as I kevetch in here (how do you spell kvetch? dunno), I don't see my doc for every little pain. To me it's no biggy if I can deal with it. But I can deal with it because I haven't been working and I have the occasional pain pill to help.

                                          Biggest problem is I haven't worked in 3 years so that puts me out of being eligible for disability insurance. I've paid in and will get the max, but I need to return to work for a bit to "reactivate" me and then I can file again. That won't be a problem I don't think.

                                          Also, with the doc thing, I will have to set up a record of alllllllll my problems and make sure it's recorded serious enough, unfixable, etc. That I will begin doing this year as I work and I'll make sure my general practicioner understands every problem. My shrink understands, I think because he specializes in people with chronic conditions. (Or maybe they just act like they understand cuz that's their job haha) Anyway, point is, he has a record of my complaints, but not my GP. I haven't seen my gastro in over 2 years because of the cancer business, so I'm scheduled to see him in March and get that liver palped again (my liver gets lonely and it thinks my gastro is kewt! and he is :).

                                          I have this lower back thing that's bothered me for over 20 years and just gets worse. It doesn't like me when I stand too much, mop the floor, clean house, etc. so you can imagine when I'm working. I used to be a Quality Control Manager in an electronics manufacturing plant, on my feet 10 hours a day, doing a lot of bending over, lifting, etc. I'd come home with my feet so swollen sometimes I couldn't get my shoes off (who knows I might have gout, my grandfather did). My lower back and hips would hurt so much I'd just cry and couldn't even sleep. However, did I get pain meds for it? Heck no. Didn't get the pain meds till I had cancer. Now I don't have cancer anymore but still have the problems I had before cancer and I get pain meds. Go figure.

                                          OK I'm ranting.... sorry.

                                          Today is my daughter's birthday! She was born in 1978. Do the math, I'm allergic. She's the youngest of my 2 kids and just absolutely the coolest person I know (besides my son lol). She works, she is going to college, she has 2 beautiful boys ages 6 and 7, has just bought her first house. And, she's beautiful. Where that came from, I dunno. I wasn't that together when I was her age LOL. Her name is "Wendi" and I named her after a song that came out when I was in the 6th grade, Wendy, (who's lookin' out from under the stairway, smilin' at all the people she meets) And she does, she's a smiling sunshine everywhere she goes. Happy Birthday Wendi!

                                          And now, back to our regularly scheduled program.

                                          Happy thursday yall!

                                          Alley
                                          Grand Prairie, Texas
                                          www.alleypat.com
                                          www.alleypat.com/blog
                                          www.geocities.com/dfwhcv

                                          Message 20 of 27 , Feb 11, 2005
                                            In a message dated 2/9/2005 3:20:57 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                                            shshonee@... writes:

                                            I interviewed for a job Tuesday, and did one 2 weeks ago. I'm looking for
                                            work tho it'll take a lot of pain pills to get me thru a work week. <le sigh>
                                            But I'm broke and don't get disability, my car is falling part as is my house.
                                            I'll work as long as I can stand it, then not I guess. Such is life! :)

                                            Dear Alley,

                                            Good luck on your job interview. Why don't you consider writing? If the
                                            job doesn't pan out, try volunteering and see if the volunteer work doesn't
                                            pan in to at least a part time job. And why no disability?

                                            Did anybody bother to check out the sight given on the repeat bad address.
                                            And what about the upcoming surgery? DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOC???

                                            Message 21 of 27 , Feb 11, 2005
                                              In a message dated 2/10/2005 6:35:56 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                                              w.landstra@... writes:

                                              HI.Thanks for the hug.For seven years I did.nt do any serious work,no
                                              good.After TX and SVR I started to work again,my old trade Electro-business,
                                              and believe me working is a terrific medicine,even when you work a couple of
                                              hours a day,voluntary work,helping out etc.Very satisfying.Find work you
                                              like to do.It gets your mind of things.Sitting all day behind the geraniums
                                              mabye good for them but not for you.Our Tat,works fulltime despite her
                                              recent setbacks and illness,where is she?, get on yr soapbox and report for
                                              duty! how is Carol doing?,Sorry to hear that you can.t get disability.You
                                              should,yre ill.Go sit on a oilrig in yr Texas and tell them you not get off
                                              before you get disability.Wish you all the best.Willem.

                                              Dear Willem,

                                              You are so right. Even without the sustained SVR, and knowing that I will
                                              never have the energy or the clearance to go back to what I used to do for a
                                              living, my hobby, stained glass, has saved my sanity.......along with much
                                              help from all of you. I've even gone back to canning and making jams and
                                              chow-chow. How's that for making use of my husband's garden. Wish back and pelvis
                                              were in better shape........

                                              Tat, speak up..........how are the cats?

                                              Let us know how the Black Cumin works, Willem. I wrote for a catalog from a
                                              company who sells that here. This stuff does NOT work for asbestos
                                              exposure. Heavy coughing with that chronic illness will rip your lungs into shreds.
                                              It probably would have been a blessing for coal miners. Hack it up as you
                                              come up.

                                              Thanks, Doc.

                                              Message 22 of 27 , Feb 11, 2005
                                                In a message dated 2/10/2005 3:43:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                                                shshonee@... writes:

[...]

                                                Dear Alley:

                                                Okay, step one. Go see the "Cute G.I." doc. have that done.........then go
                                                see, maybe not so cute Family Practice Physician.......have MRI done. This
                                                is painless........ignore your claustrophobia!. this will bring up back
                                                probs. You do not have to go back to work to get on disability. You simply have
                                                to get all of your medical records together. Try not to use the psychs
                                                records for anything but backup. Were you on disability while under treatment for
                                                cancer? You should have been.

                                                I vividly remember the song, but I think it came out when I was in the 4th
                                                grade. I'm 49. She sounds wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!Send her blessings and a
                                                Happy Birthday from me....just tell her not to trip down any
                                                stairways..........it's hazardous to your health :-).............
                                                Happy heart Day!

                                              • w.m.landstra
                                                Message 23 of 27 , Feb 12, 2005
                                                  Hi Anne.This black seed cumin oil really helps me.Since I.am using it I got
                                                  a lot more energy,feel general better It.s a very old medicine,used for
                                                  thousands of years in the middle-east,El-Baraka..Amongst other things it.s
                                                  boost the auto-immune system,boosting the making of naturel
                                                  interferon.Anyway you can read all about it on the internet.(TAT SPEAK
                                                  UP)It.s also cheap.I paid 5 dollar for a 100ml. bottle.It.s completely
                                                  naturel without any side-effects.It.s a naturel cold pressed additive free
                                                  product.......Stained glass.In Holland there.s a great demand for it with
                                                  all those old churches with glass stained windows,I.am sure you can make a
                                                  living in the US as well.Nice at home,warm,coffee,the pets around you and yr
                                                  hubby,making beautifull things for people.All the best willem.
                                                • Shshonee (Alley)
                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Feb 13, 2005
                                                    <<And why no disability?>>

                                                    Because I've passed the time allotted to apply. I have to have worked within 2 years or something like that. By the time I realized I wouldn't be able to return to work, it was too late. Now I have to return to work and work a while and then not work and get disability, or something like that.

                                                    << Why don't you consider writing? >>

                                                    Gee, why didn't I think of that? LOL :) I've got one book 3/4 done, another 1/3 done. However, one doesn't get paid till one publishes and it can take years to write and more years to publish. I have published a few articles last year, making a whopping $200 total.

                                                    <<try volunteering and see if the volunteer work doesn't pan in to at least a part time job>>

                                                    That would take away from my writing, and would require I have a second car (esp the part time work) tho not always. Sometimes it's cheaper not to work than to work for too little money. It takes money to work and so there's a catch 22 sometimes.

                                                    That is always an option, but I'm not keen on spending money to volunteer which would cost me more pain pills which I hord for the day I do return to work. I admire volunteers, but volunteering would require a car, gas, etc etc, so I'm not able to go that route at this time, ie, it's not free for the volunteer.

                                                    I don't want this to sound like excuses, just that I have considered these issues. Writing articles for instance, takes time away from writing my fiction, but then, it might have to go that way to get money coming in. However, nonfiction isn't a talent of mine, fiction is.

                                                    Just cross your fingers the police don't give me a ticket till I get things fixed! :)

                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Feb 14, 2005
                                                      In a message dated 2/12/2005 6:21:26 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                                                      w.landstra@... writes:

                                                      Hi Anne.This black seed cumin oil really helps me.Since I.am using it I got
                                                      a lot more energy,feel general better It.s a very old medicine,used for
                                                      thousands of years in the middle-east,El-Baraka..Amongst other things it.s
                                                      boost the auto-immune system,boosting the making of naturel
                                                      interferon.Anyway you can read all about it on the internet.(TAT SPEAK
                                                      UP)It.s also cheap.I paid 5 dollar for a 100ml. bottle.It.s completely
                                                      naturel without any side-effects.It.s a naturel cold pressed additive free
                                                      product.......Stained glass.In Holland there.s a great demand for it with
                                                      all those old churches with glass stained windows,I.am sure you can make a
                                                      living in the US as well.Nice at home,warm,coffee,the pets around you and yr
                                                      hubby,making beautifull things for people.All the best willem.

                                                      Dear Willem,

                                                      I have asked for a catalog that sells black seed cumin oil, so I'll try it.
                                                      Docs can't seem to figure out why my viral load is lessening and labs are
                                                      high but within normal range. So, rather than leave me with the G.I. doc, whom
                                                      I've been with these last few years......as of this morning it's back to the
                                                      NAVY, AGAIN! OF course, I will be treated by no less a personage than the
                                                      head of the department......
                                                      It's a nice thought, but there is no way that I can make a living making
                                                      stained glass pieces. The only way to do that in the states is to own a shop,
                                                      teach, sell glass, and do commissions on the side. We have four of those in
                                                      the area.........enough already. I've made a few pieces for friends and
                                                      people who have paid me for repairs, but in terms of hourly wage...I make about
                                                      .25. It's fun, it's theraputic, and since it uses lead and acid..........you
                                                      can't smoke while you're working............:-).
                                                      Thanks for the hint and if your stained glass workers need help, give 'em my
                                                      e-mail address.
                                                      Got my Valentine's Day present today...........a Rutgers 357 with holster.
                                                      Happy Valentine's Day to all!

                                                      Message 26 of 27 , Feb 14, 2005
                                                        In a message dated 2/13/2005 11:54:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                                                        shshonee@... writes:

                                                        Because I've passed the time allotted to apply. I have to have worked within
                                                        2 years or something like that. By the time I realized I wouldn't be able to
                                                        return to work, it was too late. Now I have to return to work and work a
                                                        while and then not work and get disability, or something like that.

                                                        Who told you that crock? Social Security? Once diagnosed and on treatment
                                                        with no resolution to illness, you may apply for disability. I didn't apply
                                                        until we realized that I would probably fail treatment. It was my hope to
                                                        continue or restart my business.........no way. Ten and twelve hour days are a
                                                        thing of the past........way past. But, in short, if you aren't well and
                                                        are not working because you aren't well, get medical records together and
                                                        reapply. I have a friend who is about to get a very NICE (like down payment on
                                                        house-nice) back pay check because the powers that be finally realized after
                                                        THREE bypass surgeries, diabetes, and a minor stroke-a shunt delivery system
                                                        for insulin. This battle has been going on for over five years. So do not
                                                        dispare.
                                                        You're right about volunteering, but I have seen that happen, which is why I
                                                        suggested it.

                                                        Don't give up on the writing.......no matter what.

                                                      • Shshonee (Alley)
                                                        Message 27 of 27 , Feb 15, 2005
                                                          <<get medical records together and
                                                          reapply. >>

                                                          That's my problem. I have nothing in my medical that says I'm too sick to work. My labs are all perfect (except for the hcv antibody test). Even my liver bio is good.

                                                          Which, of course, means nothing about how I feel daily.