Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Re: Anger-One Opinion and Thoughts

  • martine
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 24, 1989
      hi Susy'
      Youre not alone, I went throught the same, and I know how bad it must be for you, mine didnt work, stage 4 now.
      but I know what you mean about the deppresion, its overwhelming, when I was on meds, if I had a gun in the house , I probably would haved used it, but just hang in there , we all love you and know what you are going through.hope things are better for you now, since you mentioned in letter it was a repeat.
      God bless and have a great new year.email me anytime,,,,,photoart@...
      Martine

      ----------
      > From: Suzy Balone <suzybalone@...>
      > To: GIWorld-Hepatitis@egroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Re: Anger-One Opinion and Thoughts
      > Date: Thursday, December 21, 2000 9:32 AM

      Claudine Marty

      Thanks for this info on how HVC affects your life, has given me more to
      think about. I have been very depressed lately and trying to stay at my job
      of which will be abolished in Feb or JUly but it is hard just want to
      give up, Dr did increase my antidepressant which has helped some but need
      more days of it at the higher dose . am in week 43 of treatment so have
      survived it up till now. The thought of 9-10 more weeks is a bit
      overwhelming at times though. this will pass i know but have never known
      depression so severe, no wonder people kill themselves. and feeel like
      their is no hope!
      Have not been even keeping up with this group because could not get it to
      work a few times then my depression took over without me realizing it.
      wwell thanks again even though you posted this long ago it is relevant to
      me today and has helped

      Suzy

      From: claudine intexas <claudineintexas@...>
      To: GIWorld-Hepatitis@egroups.com
      Subject: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Re: Anger-One Opinion and Thoughts
      Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 18:59:47 -0800 (PST)

      I agree with all you've said as to why
      anger/irritability is so common in people with HCV.
      But I think it is even more than that. I know that
      for quite a few years before I had even been diagnosed
      with HCV I realized I was easily irritated. I wasn't
      always that way. Only for maybe the past 9 years or
      so, especially the last 5 or 6. And I live a MUCH less
      stressful life now than I did 12, 15, or 20+ years
      ago. And I have only know about my HCV for 3 years,
      so I can't blame my anger, irritability, and mood
      swings on just factors involved with knowing I have a
      serious disease. In fact, lately, knowing that how I
      feel sometimes is probably due to the HCV and may be
      normal makes my irritability easier for me to deal
      with than before. I think I am less irritated with
      myself now! Less guilt maybe?
      Claudine

      eGroups Sponsor [Click Here!: <http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/my/my_cobrand/my_zapme/music5.gif>] <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=102308.1038796.2731130.908943/D=egroupmail/S=1700061698:N/A=466330/?http://www.yahoo.com>
      Community email addresses:
      Post message: GIWorld-Hepatitis@onelist.com
      Subscribe: GIWorld-Hepatitis-subscribe@onelist.com

      Shortcut URL to this page:
      http://www.onelist.com/community/GIWorld-Hepatitis <http://www.onelist.com/community/GIWorld-Hepatitis>
    • Ken & Pat @home
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 7, 2000
        Yes knowing why does help.. I was sick for a few years before finding out
        what it was.. and I thot I was going crazy! I even saw a shrink for a while.
        But realizing all the symptoms of hep, really helped me cope. And even then,
        it took years of reaffirming my sanity lol. I never got sick before hep, so
        I just had no idea how to deal with illness.

        alley/Patricia
        ICQ 12631861
        alleypat@...
        http://www.flash.net/~alleypat
      • sylvati
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 8, 2000
          Dear All

          When I am feeling sick I don't have the energy to be angry, I just get
          depressed. When I am feeling angry, or just depressed, without reason, I
          remind myself to be glad that I am not feeling sick that day. Sometimes
          just remembering what the bottom of my toilet looks like cheers me up no end
          and that sinking feeling disappears as I look out the window at this
          interminable rain we are getting here in soggy England.

          love sylv
          > Yes knowing why does help.. I was sick for a few years before finding out
          > what it was.. and I thot I was going crazy! I even saw a shrink for a
          while.
          > But realizing all the symptoms of hep, really helped me cope. And even
          then,
          > it took years of reaffirming my sanity lol. I never got sick before hep,
          so
          > I just had no idea how to deal with illness.
          >
          > alley/Patricia
          > ICQ 12631861
          > alleypat@...
          > http://www.flash.net/~alleypat
          >

          > Community email addresses:
          > Post message: GIWorld-Hepatitis@onelist.com
          > Subscribe: GIWorld-Hepatitis-subscribe@onelist.com
          >
          > Shortcut URL to this page:
          > http://www.onelist.com/community/GIWorld-Hepatitis

        • Suzy Balone

            From: claudine intexas <claudineintexas@...>
            To: GIWorld-Hepatitis@egroups.com
            Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 18:59:47 -0800 (PST)

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 21, 2000
              Dear Suzy,
              Hang in there! Those weeks you have left on
              treatment will be over in no time, believe it or not!
              And you will begin to feel better in no time! Try to
              remind yourself, or ask others to remind you, that it
              is mainly the medications that are making you feel so
              down. And this is a hard time for many people anyway.
              Write anytime you are feeling down! We are here for
              you!

              http://shopping.yahoo.com/
            • Suzy Balone
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 22, 2000
                Martine,

                Thank you so much for your wishes. The depression seems to be easing a
                little with the increase in antidepressants but still there am glad to hear
                I am not alone and that others are going through this or have gone through
                it. I'm so sorry that the tx didn't work for you, bet you are not feeling
                real great if you are in stage 4, are you thinking of trying any of the new
                treatments that are on the horizon? I will say some prayers for you to ease
                your pain and thanks for easing mine. I am glad that there was no guns in
                your house, as suicide hurts so many people, even though the thoughts are
                there I do not think I could act on them as my brother committed suicide
                and he used a gun, it was a rough time in all of our lives but as I said
                before I can understand the feelings now and the sense of despair a person
                can reach.
                Thank you once again for your thougts

                SUzy