Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] hcv ?

  • Sparkle Qureshi
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 28, 2000
      Hello,
      I know that eventhough I have the hepatic encephalopathy, because of my weight loss I have to have a high protien diet. A catch 22 situation. I lost alot of muscle mass. Protien helps in building muscle mass and carbohydrates are your sugars which do go into fat, but when you are sick, you need that extra energy and your body has to pull on those fat stores to give you the energy you need. I don't know how many people who have lost weight due to the combo, but if it makes you so sick you can't eat; it stands to reason you will loose weight. I am no expert in nutrition, but I just pulling on what I seem to remember from nursing school. I never got to put my nursing into practice because of the need to stay home with my multihandicapped daughter. A dead education is what I have.

      I am with sylvati on the protien and carbohydrates. Good nutrition does play a big role in how you feel and how you body deals toward stress and illness. The body needs all the feul it can to get to function under added stressors and illness. Marty should know alot about this area. Please forgive me if I have overstepped my bounds. I do have alot of diet plans on hand, low sodium, high protein,low protien, high carbohydrate, low carbohydrate, and low cholesterol diets if anyone ever becomes interest. Remember I am not a nutritionist. Please clear any diets with your physician first. You can tell me anytime to shut up if you want and no offense will be taken. I am a motor mouth at times when I am feeling hyper. I do care about you all.

      If I haven't done so yet, I want to thank each of you for your wonderful support. I am honored to have you as friends.

      God bless you all