Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Depression

  • Suzy Balone
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 6, 2000
      Connie,

      Guess everybody is just taking a break is all.
      Have a good one
      Suzy

      From: Constance Dickson <constance_clearwater_florida@...>
      To: GIWorld-Hepatitis@egroups.com
      Subject: Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Depression
      Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 19:48:03 -0700 (PDT)

      Suzy, mine came back...Connie
      --- Constance Dickson

      http://profiles.msn.com
    • alleypat@flash.net
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 7, 2000
        Winne, yep this cooler weather has certainly helped me. We finally
        got some rain in Texas too. Hope yall are doing well.. alley
      • alleypat@flash.net
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 7, 2000
          Great Jessie! I got my handicap parking tag a few months ago and it
          really helped me a lot. Now I'm looking into seeing what I need to do
          to get insurance to rent me a wheel chair so I can get out more, let
          daughter push me around the mall or something.. maybe go see a Dallas
          Stars Hockey game! woo hoo! last year had a heck of a time trying to
          walk from parking to doors! almost fainted then and I wasn't even on
          treatment then... just exhausted from the hep.

          Yall take care!
          alley
          kenandpat@...
        • Nancy Swanson
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 10, 2000
            jessiefromchino@... wrote:

            > Hello everyone, I was wondering where everyone has been.

            It has been kind of quiet lately, hasn't it?

            My wonderful undetectable Big Sis is (I firmly believe) on a current
            campaign to drive me nuts!

            Now that the HCV seems to be under control, her RSD is flaring out big
            time, and we are having some problems getting that one under control.
            So I have been busy in my RSD chat groups.

            Here's the part of the RSD that really gets to me: She fully
            understands what it is all about, and what she has to do to try to get
            that back under remission. Yet, she has forgotten all that she "fully
            understands" and WANTS to believe there is some simple trick to get rid
            of the RSD. Which, of course, there isn't. And she knows that! Or at
            least she knew that before the HCV hit and we had to deal with that.

            Then, of course, I finally nailed the job I've been campaigning for the
            last four months, so I'm pretty busy getting things done with the new
            job. It's a lot of fun, but a lot of work as well.

            While I haven't been posting lately, I promise I do read all the
            postings of everyone else. I'm keepnig my eyes on you all and hoping
            things work out well.

            Hugs,

            Nancy (aka The Little Sis)
          • RLWINNE@cs.com
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 11, 2000
              Nancy

              congratulations on getting the job you wanted and hopefully your sister will
              come around and do what she needs to do to get the RSD back in remission.
              Good luck to you both!!!

              Winne
            • alleypat@flash.net
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 11, 2000
                Nancy... oh dear.. poor you and sis! It must be so frustrating.

                I know sometimes I wanna kill hubby! I'm on tx.. he is just a guy lol

                big hugs

                alley
                Message 7 of 19 , May 6, 2004
                  You are really having a rough go with the depression, aren't your Dawn? Are you on any anti-depressents? If you can't afford them and have a doctor, you can go to needymeds.com, get the info sheets and ask your doctor to apply to get your meds. If eligible, they send a 3 month supply to your doctor (he/she has to do all the paperwork too). You just need to remember to start the new paperwork after 2 months.

                  When I was unemployed I got my prozac and restless leg syndrome meds through that program.

                  fighting depression,
                  Dawn

                • Dawnbeliever@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 19 , May 6, 2004
                    I have a prescription for celexa.. but afraid need more.. am not taking even
                    the celexa right now.. I know i have to go in for a check up... planning a
                    trip to Mayo in Rochester , MN this summer... near where my sister lives and i
                    have a religious convention there too in rochester.. take out 3 with one stone..
                    .. but meanwhile .. i should go get some bloodwork and find out where i am
                    at... i am scared to... i guess, in a way... sposed to go in for an ultrasound
                    to make sure no liver cancer

                    <sigh>.
                    Dawn

                    Message 9 of 19 , May 6, 2004
                      Had a friend who took celexa....she swore by it. My first round of tx I did prozac...this time I've been on amitriptyline because it induces stage 4 sleep and I developed a sleeping problem. Guess it works okay for the depression...I haven't gotten depressed and the riba rage just hit about a month ago.

                      My mantra is....only 7 more weeks.....