ITP

  • Susan Jackson
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 6, 2000
      Hi Connie,
      I was wondering if you got little red bumps, I have a few, but not many. My
      doc got me in to see a hemotologist in 2 weeks. I was surprized it did not
      take longer.
      Thanks,
      Sue
    • Constance Dickson
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 6, 2000
        Yes I do, I have the rash over my entire body now.
        New ones just showed up in places where there are skin
        grafts. They were on my forearms before being
        daignosed with Hep C. It looks like the cryo rash but
        not as icky. Or like Measles, Prickly Heat, Roseola,
        along that line. Do you have ITP?..I am sorry my
        memory sucks, I am actually getting worried about
        it.........Take Care, Connie
        --- Susan Jackson <suejacks@...> wrote:
        > Hi Connie,
        > I was wondering if you got little red bumps, I have
        > a few, but not many. My
        > doc got me in to see a hemotologist in 2 weeks. I
        > was surprized it did not
        > take longer.
        > Thanks,
        > Sue

        http://photos.yahoo.com/
      • Susan Jackson
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 6, 2000
          Hi Connie,
          My hepatologist thinks it is a possibility. He felt the way my platelets
          dropped, 100,000 from one blood test to the next that it is not just liver
          disease. He said with cirrhosis you would expect a gradual decrease. My
          platelets had rebounded to 90,000, but are back at 47,000. New hepatologist
          and very thourough. So I am off to a hemotologist in two weeks.

          Thanks
          Sue
        • Constance Dickson
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 6, 2000
            It sounds like a good possibility that you do. The
            little red spots I think are called pectiae or
            something like that. Be careful do not cut yourself.
            He has probably told you to stay away from aspirin
            products.....Take Care, Connie
            --- Susan Jackson <suejacks@...> wrote:
            > Hi Connie,
            > My hepatologist thinks it is a possibility. He felt
            > the way my platelets
            > dropped, 100,000 from one blood test to the next
            > that it is not just liver
            > disease. He said with cirrhosis you would expect a
            > gradual decrease. My
            > platelets had rebounded to 90,000, but are back at
            > 47,000. New hepatologist
            > and very thourough. So I am off to a hemotologist
            > in two weeks.
            >
            > Thanks
            > Sue

            http://photos.yahoo.com/
          • Susan Jackson
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 7, 2000
              Hi Pat,
              I don't know a lot, but since my doc thinks there is a possibility I have
              it, I started doing research. It is an auto immune disease, where the
              immune system kicks into high gear, but recognizes the platelets as the bad
              guys and destroys them. My first doc told me my low platelets were because
              of the liver disease (cirrhosis). My new doc says the way the platelets
              fell, does not indicate the low platelets is from my liver disease. He said
              that liver disease would cause a slower decrease. Mine dropped quickly. He
              is sending me to a hemotologist, and redoing ultrasound. It can also cause
              a rash, of little purple dots.
              Sue