Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] STOPPING TREATMENT

    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 5, 2000
      Dear Lora,
      I'm sorry to hear things don't seem to be working
      out for you! Well, maybe it would be better to find
      out why your hemoglobin was so low to start with,
      first, take care of that, and then you can concentrate
      on treating the hepatitis.
      I wonder if the blood thinner you were taking
      could have been causing some internal bleeding
      somewhere? Hopefully they will find the answer when
      they do those tests, and no other testing will be
      needed. Good luck!

      http://photos.yahoo.com/
    • RLWINNE@cs.com
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 6, 2000
        Lora

        Hang in there girl. I wish you were not having to wait until Oct 25th to
        have your tests done. You have had a set back like most people here on the
        list end up having at one time or another and it is frustrating and scary
        when other things start to go wrong but you have to find out what is going on
        with the rest of your body to. It seems like whenever my husband is having
        an especially hard time on the Combo treatment other things pop up to that
        just add to it and when he is feeling half way decent nothing goes wrong to
        add to it. Funny how that works isn't it? I bet your son will come around.
        Its hard on the whole family when this disease hits a loved one and weighs
        hard on them to. A good cry is not bad and helps sometimes to. Try to stay
        positive and we are here for you remember that please. Wish I was closer so
        I could help you more. Your in our prayers and your family to.

        Winne
      • Suzy Balone
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 6, 2000
          Lora,

          I am so sorry to hear that they want you to stop treatment, but it is
          really not a surprize since your hgb was so low before you even started,
          it almost always goes down, that doesn't make it any easier for yu when
          you decided to start the treatment , but there is a reason for everything
          we just can not see the bigger picture all the time, not good that your
          blood is so thin hope the scopes turn out okay but then you have a while
          to dwell on that hopefully they will find something which would explain
          your low counts.
          I am sorry your child is taking it so hard also, I willl pray for both
          of you and your whole family.
          Myabe the crying is going around i was like that too for a couple days, At
          any rate hang in there we are all with you and just let us know if there
          is anything we can do

          Suzy

          From: Lorad8@...
          To: GIWorld-Hepatitis@egroups.com
          Subject: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] STOPPING TREATMENT
          Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 15:27:50 EDT

          I guess I am not the only one who has not been on this week. It has been a
          rough one for me, mentally. I had my 1-month bloodwork done on Monday. Got
          a call Tuesday morning to stop taking Ribavirin. (I had not started the
          FULL
          dose yet, was only taking two a day because of hemoglobin). Apparently this
          week, my hemoglobin has dropped to 8. Not only that, but, my clotting time
          was also way off, I take a blood thinner, and the blood was very thin--INR
          was 4.4. So, can't even take my blood thinner medicine. AND---I have to
          have a endoscopy and colonoscopy done on October 25 to look for internal
          bleeding.
          The story continues....today I got a call from Dr's nurse. "Stop ALL
          treatment." Dr. is very concerned about the 8 hemoglobin and INR. So, I
          did
          the only thing I could think of. I started crying, and through my tears, I
          am reaching out to you all. As I am typing this I am trying to think of
          humorous things. The nurse told me that aside from all the above, my "liver
          counts are GREAT!" Well, isn't that the purpose of the treatment? :)
          I have also received three calls from the high school today regarding my 16
          year old. Although they think he is a good kid, his grades are slipping. I
          finally decided to call the high school to let them know what is going on at
          home. Hopefully that will keep my son from falling through a crack. It was
          extremely difficult to stop from crying while talking to the shcool. How
          come I can't keep it together?
          The nurse told me that I still need to comein for blood work next week.
          After the "scopes" the Dr will decide if/when I can resume treatment.
          FRUSTRATING!!!
          I am going to go take a nap now. It is a bit ironic that the medication had
          not made me depressed, but the DR. is! LOL :).
          I know this is all part of a big game plan and it will all work out somehow
          in the end. Wish I had a crystal ball.
          Trying to stay positive, through the tears.
          Lora

          http://profiles.msn.com
        • Lorad8@aol.com
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 9, 2000
            LOL Connie. Thanks for the smile.
            Lora
          • Lorad8@aol.com
            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 9, 2000
              You are right Claudine.
              I will keep you posted.
              Lora
            • Lorad8@aol.com
              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 9, 2000
                Winnie,
                What a sweetie you are . I hope your husband is making it through the damp
                weather. It is soooo nice to have this list so that we can vent and feel
                that people really understand.
                This has been a rough week, but I intend to get on with it, start working out
                again, and do positive things until October 25.
                Thanks again.
                Hugs to you hubbie
                Lora
              • Lorad8@aol.com
                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 9, 2000
                  I agree 100% that there is usually a BIG picture. It is just that sometimes
                  I wish I knew what the BIG picture was :)
                  I think I really needed a good cry! I cried for three days, and now feel
                  like fighting more than I did before. I had a good talk with my son, gave
                  him names and phone numbers ( counselors, priest, teacher) of people who are
                  there for him, and assured him that no matter how I fell, I will ALWAYS be
                  there for him. He gave me a hug AND A KISS!!!!!! And of course, then I
                  started Crying again! :) It was tears of joy this time though , and my son
                  knew it. I truely believe that my children are going to get me through this
                  more than any anti-depressant will.
                  Again, thanks for the good wishes.
                  Lora
                • Constance Dickson
                  Message 8 of 18 , Oct 9, 2000
                    I wonder also what the big pic is too. And why am I
                    in it. Something happened to me the other night and
                    if I told you I would be visited by the people in
                    white with a straitjacket in my size. I still can not
                    figure it out....... Smile, Connie

                    http://photos.yahoo.com/
                  • Lorad8@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 18 , Oct 9, 2000
                      Connie,
                      What kind of friends would we be if you can't tell us what happened? Hope
                      all is OK.
                      My mom told me that she was awakened at 6:00am yesterday morning to the sound
                      of someone happily whisteling in her house. We decided that it was my
                      deceased father checking up on her and glad that she is doing well.
                      Go with it!
                      Lora
                    • Constance Dickson
                      Message 10 of 18 , Oct 9, 2000
                        Well, you are really going to think I have lost it,
                        TOTALLY. I woke up the other morning and when I went
                        to brush my teeth. I was missing 2 teeth that I know
                        was there the night before when you floss you notice
                        that teeth are there. Everyone that has seen my gum
                        say maybe I swallowed them. That is not what weirded
                        me out. They were two teeth that had gone bad. I can
                        not have dental work because of my bleeding time.
                        What is really strange is my gum is healed no sign of
                        anything. It is fused together like they were pulled
                        and healed...see I told you it sounds really crazy,
                        also this apt.,that I am in. Has done a few other
                        crazy things. Odors coming from nowhere..one is an
                        oder of fresh onions being cut, the other is the odor
                        of cat urine. No, I do not have a cat, they make me
                        itch. I am not alone in smelling the odors, my
                        Daughter has smelled them also. The cat odor we were
                        talking and the both of us smelled it.
                        I almost forgot this one....cabinet doors will be open
                        in the kitchen...............Connie

                        http://photos.yahoo.com/
                      • Lorad8@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 18 , Oct 9, 2000
                          Connie,
                          That is sooo cool about your teeth. Think of all the $$ you saved :) AND to
                          have them healed up so nicely. Again, Not to be weird, but I beleive that
                          SOMEONE is watching over us. I have no clue about the smells--too bad it
                          could not be PLEASANT odors:) It sounds TO ME that you are loved by SOMEONE
                          in heaven. Thank you soo much for sharing. NO I do NOT think you are
                          crazy....I believe that you are LOVED.
                          Staying positive,
                          Lora
                        • sylvati
                          Message 12 of 18 , Oct 9, 2000
                            try charging folks $10 a time for guided tours of your haunted apartment!!
                            lol lov e sylv
                            > Well, you are really going to think I have lost it,
                            > TOTALLY. I woke up the other morning and when I went
                            > to brush my teeth. I was missing 2 teeth that I know
                            > was there the night before when you floss you notice
                            > that teeth are there. Everyone that has seen my gum
                            > say maybe I swallowed them. That is not what weirded
                            > me out. They were two teeth that had gone bad. I can
                            > not have dental work because of my bleeding time.
                            > What is really strange is my gum is healed no sign of
                            > anything. It is fused together like they were pulled
                            > and healed...see I told you it sounds really crazy,
                            > also this apt.,that I am in. Has done a few other
                            > crazy things. Odors coming from nowhere..one is an
                            > oder of fresh onions being cut, the other is the odor
                            > of cat urine. No, I do not have a cat, they make me
                            > itch. I am not alone in smelling the odors, my
                            > Daughter has smelled them also. The cat odor we were
                            > talking and the both of us smelled it.
                            > I almost forgot this one....cabinet doors will be open
                            > in the kitchen...............Connie
                            > --- Lorad8@... wrote:
                            > > Connie,
                            > > What kind of friends would we be if you can't tell
                            > > us what happened? Hope
                            > > all is OK.
                            > > My mom told me that she was awakened at 6:00am
                            > > yesterday morning to the sound
                            > > of someone happily whisteling in her house. We
                            > > decided that it was my
                            > > deceased father checking up on her and glad that she
                            > > is doing well.
                            > > Go with it!
                            > > Lora

                            > http://photos.yahoo.com/
                            >

                            > Community email addresses:
                            > Post message: GIWorld-Hepatitis@onelist.com
                            > Subscribe: GIWorld-Hepatitis-subscribe@onelist.com
                            >
                            > Shortcut URL to this page:
                            > http://www.onelist.com/community/GIWorld-Hepatitis

                          • Constance Dickson
                            Message 13 of 18 , Oct 9, 2000
                              Now that you say that it makes me think. My Father
                              loved cats. But he did not smell like Cat
                              urine..lol.. My whole, family, Mother, Father,
                              Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles, have passed away.
                              I do not know what to think of the Onion odor.
                              Something else happened at this a aprtment that I only
                              saw and heard. It was from outside in the front. It
                              was a big flash and the sound of an elecrtical
                              transformer burn out. There is no transformer
                              anywhere near there. People outside did not hear or
                              see it. It was bright enough that the walls lit up
                              from it.
                              My Mother was into the pyshic stuff. When I was a
                              baby someone told her that I had the gift of being
                              pyshic, but I would have to develop it. I will get
                              some things like lotto #'s and stuff. But they will
                              not come to me if I try it is just something that
                              happens. Also, will flash on things. For instance,
                              when my son was a baby I was drivng to his swimming
                              lessons and in my mind I saw him fall out the door. I
                              stopped and looked and the door was not shut by his
                              carseat.....so I am weird lol......Take Care, Connie

                              http://photos.yahoo.com/
                              Message 14 of 18 , Oct 11, 2000
                                Dear Connie,
                                The tooth thing is strange. But your apartment isn't. My house is haunted,
                                too. By the man who built it. Some really weird things have happened. Like
                                lit candles that we didn't light, etc. I had a long talk with John (the
                                ghost) about that one. Explaining that if I didn't know the candles were
                                lit, he might burn the house down.
                                We have a Ghost Walk here on Halloween and we do charge. If you have same,
                                put your house on it.
                                Anne
                              • Constance Dickson
                                Message 15 of 18 , Oct 11, 2000
                                  Cool, I would like to see it. I have always seemed to
                                  find haunted places to live. My parents home former
                                  in La Jolla was haunted. Our former home in St Pete,
                                  FL when I was little and growing up, my bedroom no
                                  matter what the temp outside was, it was 50 degrees.
                                  So I am kind of use to it and pay no attention, it
                                  does not scare me. I also used dreams and feelings,
                                  that I had to identify a murderer of a Mother and two
                                  Daughters he is where he belongs now on Death Row in
                                  Raiford FL...Connie
                                  PS Now EVERYONE is going to think I am NUTS...Smile

                                  http://mail.yahoo.com/
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Oct 24, 2000
                                    In a message dated 10/11/00 3:11:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                                    constance_clearwater_florida@... writes:

                                    << I also used dreams and feelings,
                                    that I had to identify a murderer of a Mother and two
                                    Daughters he is where he belongs now on Death Row in
                                    Raiford FL...Connie >>
                                    A VERY fitting place for him to be.....whoever he is. Anne