Re: Antibiotics

  • 2byteme@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2000
      Dear AlleyPat
      Many people do not respond well to certain antibiotics, especially
      when on therapy, or in many other circumstances. Also, depending on the
      length of treatment does have a different result in many people. For any
      upper respiratory infection, (URI), or in the ears, sinuses, throat, I
      always use at least 10 days of the antibiotic, and sometimes go to 14
      days.
      As far as the Z-Pack is concerned, I will only use it after the
      major URI season, eg: late November to Feb/March, because I have found
      it is not effective with all the other illnesses someone may be exposed
      to. I frequently see patients placed on the Z-pack, during these
      periods, and they are back because their infection is either no better,
      or worse. There is several studies by ENT's that state that if a person
      is placed on the Z-pack, they should be given a second pack again in 10
      days. For the rest of the year, the Z-pack usually works well for most.
      For the URIs, or sinuses, etc., if it is chronic, I will rotate
      several antibiotics, such as Biaxin, Augmentin, Cipro, Levoquin, Keflex
      or Ceftin. That way, people do not develop a resistance as easily to any
      one antibiotic, if it works for them. I also usually give something to
      help drain the sinuses/ears, or loosen the garbage in the lungs, like
      Entex, or similar products. Marty
    • Ken & Pat @home
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2000
        Marty.. you are such a smart guy! And to think I had to figure all that out
        myself lol

        Yep Entex and I are long time friends lol. However lately, maybe because of
        treatment, Entex and even Sudafed, give my bladder problems.

        alley/Patricia
        ICQ 12631861
        alleypat@...
        http://www.flash.net/~alleypat