Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Recognizing and Managing the Oral Clues That Point to...

  • RLWINNE@cs.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2000
      Connie

      I have not taken that antibiotic yet but am writing it down to suggest next
      time I have to take them. Sounds like the European way to take the
      prescription is the way to go. Remember when you got sick you went to the
      doctor and they gave you a shot of Penicillin a couple of prescriptions and
      you usually felt better the next day. They don't hardly do that any more I
      wonder if it is the Insurance companies fault or Penicillin just doesn't work
      any more. Now it takes a couple days to get the stuff into your system to
      make you better. Oh well the good old days when life seemed alittle easier
      and most of the people here didn't have Hep C or didn't know they had it yet.
      It still amazes me what we have gone through this past year and how we found
      a way to deal with all of it. You find out a lot about yourself and your
      family when a chronic illness hits you or a loved one. I'm rambling - thanks
      again for the info Connie. Stay positive!!!

      One of our friends who was on the combo for a year and a half just got his
      first test done after being off of it for 4 months now and he is still
      undetectable and it was great news for all of us here to get in the support
      group we belong to here in town.

      Winne
    • Constance Dickson
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2000
        That is fantastic Winnie, hope he stays that way. My
        PCP was up on the latest meds, I suppose he did not
        think learning stopped once you get the diploma and
        just leave it to the required continuing education
        that the State requires. I miss him and his nurse
        Jeannie also. They were very supportive. They are
        with Cigna Health Care. Even though an HMO he never
        had any qualms about refering me....Connie
        He was the one that found the HCV.

        http://photos.yahoo.com/
      • Ken & Pat @home
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1, 2000
          Winne... I've heard the Z Pack (Zithromax) is good but I've taken it twice
          now and it's like I'm taking nothing. We all react differently. Augmenten
          also doesnt do anything for me. I have to take Cipro or Ceclor even for just
          a sinus infection. <sigh>

          But it's worth a try! :) I don't respond as well to penicillin (straight
          penicillin) either. Well didn't years ago so I am avoiding it so if
          something happens and I need it in emergency or something, maybe it'll work
          fine then.

          Good luck!

          alley/Patricia
          ICQ 12631861
          alleypat@...
          http://www.flash.net/~alleypat
        • EnViolet@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 18, 2001
            Thanks for the information Claudine, you always come through :)