Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Recognizing and Managing the Oral Clues That Point to...

  • Constance Dickson
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 30, 2000
      Winnie,
      Have you ever been prescribed
      Zithromax..antibiotic?
      I was burned out on antibiotics when in the burn unit.
      IV 24/7 for 3 months. My PCP I had prescribe it to
      me when the others failed to work, he also had me take
      it the way they do in Europe......there are 6 pills.
      In the US you take 2 pills the first day then 1 for 4
      days. Europe it is 2 pills a day for 3 days. It is a
      great antibiotic 2nd day you feel better. It maybe
      won't cause the yeast problem. I don't know whether
      it will or not. Take Care, Connie

      http://photos.yahoo.com/
    • RLWINNE@cs.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2000
        Connie

        I have not taken that antibiotic yet but am writing it down to suggest next
        time I have to take them. Sounds like the European way to take the
        prescription is the way to go. Remember when you got sick you went to the
        doctor and they gave you a shot of Penicillin a couple of prescriptions and
        you usually felt better the next day. They don't hardly do that any more I
        wonder if it is the Insurance companies fault or Penicillin just doesn't work
        any more. Now it takes a couple days to get the stuff into your system to
        make you better. Oh well the good old days when life seemed alittle easier
        and most of the people here didn't have Hep C or didn't know they had it yet.
        It still amazes me what we have gone through this past year and how we found
        a way to deal with all of it. You find out a lot about yourself and your
        family when a chronic illness hits you or a loved one. I'm rambling - thanks
        again for the info Connie. Stay positive!!!

        One of our friends who was on the combo for a year and a half just got his
        first test done after being off of it for 4 months now and he is still
        undetectable and it was great news for all of us here to get in the support
        group we belong to here in town.

        Winne
      • Constance Dickson
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1, 2000
          That is fantastic Winnie, hope he stays that way. My
          PCP was up on the latest meds, I suppose he did not
          think learning stopped once you get the diploma and
          just leave it to the required continuing education
          that the State requires. I miss him and his nurse
          Jeannie also. They were very supportive. They are
          with Cigna Health Care. Even though an HMO he never
          had any qualms about refering me....Connie
          He was the one that found the HCV.

          http://photos.yahoo.com/
        • Ken & Pat @home
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 1, 2000
            Winne... I've heard the Z Pack (Zithromax) is good but I've taken it twice
            now and it's like I'm taking nothing. We all react differently. Augmenten
            also doesnt do anything for me. I have to take Cipro or Ceclor even for just
            a sinus infection. <sigh>

            But it's worth a try! :) I don't respond as well to penicillin (straight
            penicillin) either. Well didn't years ago so I am avoiding it so if
            something happens and I need it in emergency or something, maybe it'll work
            fine then.

            Good luck!

            alley/Patricia
            ICQ 12631861
            alleypat@...
            http://www.flash.net/~alleypat
          • EnViolet@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 18, 2001
              Thanks for the information Claudine, you always come through :)