Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Recognizing and Managing the Oral Clues That Point to...

  • RLWINNE@cs.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 28, 2000
      Connie

      The name of the cream colored stuff for the yeast is Nystatin - that may be
      the generic name I am not sure but it really works well. Hope you get some
      sleep soon and start to feel better. My husband is in pretty bad shape now
      that the weather is cooling off again with the joint pain. He is like you
      today tired and can't get to sleep. I wish it was all easier for all of you.
      Hang in there!!

      Winne
    • Constance Dickson
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 28, 2000
        Thats the name Nystatin.....Thanks Winnie...I just
        passed out a bit earlier and slept for 2 hours, sleep
        makes me feel better. The Nystatin does work really
        good. Is that what the Thrush is? A sort of yeast
        infection?...Take care, Connie

        http://photos.yahoo.com/
      • RLWINNE@cs.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 30, 2000
          Connie

          Yes the thrush you are talking about is yeast. I got a bad yeast infection
          from having to take two kinds of antibiotics at the same time and the yeast
          spread to my mouth and that Nystatin is what they gave me and it worked great
          to clear it up. I have gotten that one other time and used it then to and
          its always from antiboiotics with me. I try to eat yoguart now to to help
          that but that is not always enough any time I have to take antibiotics. Take
          care and hope you are feeling half way decent these days.

          Winne
        • RLWINNE@cs.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 30, 2000
            Alley the Nystatin is not a cream it is just cream colored.

            Winne
          • Constance Dickson
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 30, 2000
              Winnie,
              Have you ever been prescribed
              Zithromax..antibiotic?
              I was burned out on antibiotics when in the burn unit.
              IV 24/7 for 3 months. My PCP I had prescribe it to
              me when the others failed to work, he also had me take
              it the way they do in Europe......there are 6 pills.
              In the US you take 2 pills the first day then 1 for 4
              days. Europe it is 2 pills a day for 3 days. It is a
              great antibiotic 2nd day you feel better. It maybe
              won't cause the yeast problem. I don't know whether
              it will or not. Take Care, Connie

              http://photos.yahoo.com/
            • RLWINNE@cs.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 1, 2000
                Connie

                I have not taken that antibiotic yet but am writing it down to suggest next
                time I have to take them. Sounds like the European way to take the
                prescription is the way to go. Remember when you got sick you went to the
                doctor and they gave you a shot of Penicillin a couple of prescriptions and
                you usually felt better the next day. They don't hardly do that any more I
                wonder if it is the Insurance companies fault or Penicillin just doesn't work
                any more. Now it takes a couple days to get the stuff into your system to
                make you better. Oh well the good old days when life seemed alittle easier
                and most of the people here didn't have Hep C or didn't know they had it yet.
                It still amazes me what we have gone through this past year and how we found
                a way to deal with all of it. You find out a lot about yourself and your
                family when a chronic illness hits you or a loved one. I'm rambling - thanks
                again for the info Connie. Stay positive!!!

                One of our friends who was on the combo for a year and a half just got his
                first test done after being off of it for 4 months now and he is still
                undetectable and it was great news for all of us here to get in the support
                group we belong to here in town.

                Winne
              • Constance Dickson
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 1, 2000
                  That is fantastic Winnie, hope he stays that way. My
                  PCP was up on the latest meds, I suppose he did not
                  think learning stopped once you get the diploma and
                  just leave it to the required continuing education
                  that the State requires. I miss him and his nurse
                  Jeannie also. They were very supportive. They are
                  with Cigna Health Care. Even though an HMO he never
                  had any qualms about refering me....Connie
                  He was the one that found the HCV.

                  http://photos.yahoo.com/
                • Ken & Pat @home
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 1, 2000
                    Winne... I've heard the Z Pack (Zithromax) is good but I've taken it twice
                    now and it's like I'm taking nothing. We all react differently. Augmenten
                    also doesnt do anything for me. I have to take Cipro or Ceclor even for just
                    a sinus infection. <sigh>

                    But it's worth a try! :) I don't respond as well to penicillin (straight
                    penicillin) either. Well didn't years ago so I am avoiding it so if
                    something happens and I need it in emergency or something, maybe it'll work
                    fine then.

                    Good luck!

                    alley/Patricia
                    ICQ 12631861
                    alleypat@...
                    http://www.flash.net/~alleypat
                  • EnViolet@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 18, 2001
                      Thanks for the information Claudine, you always come through :)