Boredom and brains and Hep and heck

  • Ken & Pat @home
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2000
      LOL Yeah... I have a "hepper job" I sit on my bottom all day doing data entry. When I originally got sick with hep back in 87/88, I was going to school full time and working full time and had two pre teens and got married and..... then whamo... I was stopped dead in my tracks, on leave from work for 3 months, I had no brain power left to finish my Calculus class much less finish my degree in Statistics.

      Sometimes I get so frustrated. On the good days, I want to have a better job. On the bad days, I just want to crawl under the covers. I hate not having the energy to even think. Some days I don't have the energy to even care. I don't think this is quite "depression", I'm not sure I can explain it. I know when I feel better, I will care, think, do. But it sure seems a waste of time on the days I can't.

      I've been talking to heppers a lot lately in hep chat rooms and I've been talking to them about life changes, planning, pacing your life on hep and on treatment.

      alley/Patricia
      ICQ 12631861
      alleypat@...
      http://www.flash.net/~alleypat

    • David Gray @ P6 Consulting
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2000
        Dear AlleyPat,

        Those are textbook symptoms of depression. I know because I've been there
        three times and my family has a defective gene. We have all been on
        tricyclic antidepressants at one time or another and the psychiatrists all
        tell us it's genetic.

        David Gray
        HBV/Cirrhosis
        Irving, Texas

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 4, 2000
          gee I thot it was the treatment! lol

          14th week and movin on :)

          alley/Patricia
          ICQ 12631861
          alleypat@...
          http://www.flash.net/~alleypat
        • Jane2370@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 9, 2000
            In a message dated 9/4/00 12:13:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
            alleypat@... writes:

            << 14th week and movin on :)

            Sept. 23rd - and I'll have completed my 6th month. (Don't ask me # of
            weeks...it's a blur at this point...plus, I don't feel like counting :)
            Doing well. Antidepressants --- emphatically YES!!! I do feel a greater
            sense of malaise setting in at this stage. I'm definitely crankier now, too.
            Oh well...this will end. As will the thinning hair...boo! It started last
            month.
            I gotta go till April, so I'll be looking at some fabulous hats soon! Also,
            I'm cutting this mess down...gonna go short-ish.

            Hope all is well with everyone in GWH world,
            Jane
          • Ken & Pat @home
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 11, 2000
              Jane.. sounds like you are doing great! and great attitude too! That helps a
              lot.. how we enter into this thing. Yeah I'm wishing I wasn't working now..
              I tire much more easily and wanna nap off and on all day.. but so far so
              good. I been looking at hairdos on the web and hubby keeps wrinkling his
              nose at em hahahha
              alley/Patricia
              ICQ 12631861
              alleypat@...