Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Get the Show on the Road

  • Ken & Pat @home
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 2, 2000
      <<My doctor said he does not put people on anti-depressants just "because it
      might happen". However, he did tell me that if I need them AFTER I start
      treatment to let him know and he will perscribe.>>

      ok here's my uneducated opinon...

      STOOOPID DOC!!!

      It takes WEEKS for antidepressants to fully kick in. On combo you go postal
      in SECONDS.

      What do you do in the interim? Ask him that!

      I got my "kit" (video and bag etc) when I went to the training class.

      Well, I guess Tylenol might work. Maybe some herbal tea? I'm sure someone on
      here has some good advice for that one :)

      alley/Patricia
      ICQ 12631861
      alleypat@...
      http://www.flash.net/~alleypat
    • Pat Post
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 2, 2000
        Hi Lora, I can relate to your anticipation. I was diagnosed 12-99 and
        decided to wait till the Pegalated TX becomes available, which I had heard
        would be around 12-00. How did your biopsy come out? Was there any
        fibrosis or worse? Is that why you are anxious to start the treatment? I
        too am worried a bit about insurance, seems like if something can get
        screwed up with the process it will. Hang in there and keep us posted, this
        list has been very helpful for info and support. Take care, good luck with
        your first shot. Pat P.

        http://profiles.msn.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 2, 2000
          --- Lorad8@... wrote:

          > It seems that most everyone recommends Ibuprofin for
          > the muscle aches and
          > pains. I am on a blood thinner (coumadin) and
          > cannot take anti-inflamatory
          > drugs. Any one have a good alternative for me????

          Dear Lora,
          You really shouldn't take ibuprofen anyway,
          especially on a regular basis since there have been
          cases of it causing flare-ups of hepatitis in people
          with hepatitis C.
          Try Tylenol. You can safely take up to 3 grams
          daily. (2 extra-strength every 8 hours.) If that
          doesn't work ask your doctor for Vicodin. That seems
          to work real well, especially for the headaches
          associated with treatment.
          Good luck!

          =====
          Claudine
          claudinecrews@...

          http://mail.yahoo.com/
        • Lorad8@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 3, 2000
            Pat, yes, the biopsy showed fibrosis. There was scarring and also, and the
            whole biopsy showed possible cirhosis. I feel that I need to be doing
            SOMETHING, especially since I am currently unemployed. Now seemed like the
            perfect time--if there EVER is a perfect time:)
            staying positive, lora