Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Get the Show on the Road

  • Ken & Pat @home
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1, 2000
      Oh and another good piece of advice my doc gave me...

      Do your first injection on like a Friday, or Friday nite or Saturday if you
      can. At least when you can anticipate some time off work in case you do
      experience side effects. But then again.. there's no guarantee you'll feel
      anything :)

      alley/Patricia
      ICQ 12631861
      alleypat@...
      http://www.flash.net/~alleypat
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 2, 2000
        --- "Ken & Pat @home" <alleypat@...> wrote:
        > Oh and another good piece of advice my doc gave
        > me...
        > Do your first injection on like a Friday, or Friday
        > nite or Saturday if you
        > can. At least when you can anticipate some time off
        > work in case you do
        > experience side effects.

        Better yet, if you have any sick days or vacation days
        coming using a few of them that first week might be a
        good idea. If you work for a really
        easy-to-get-along-with boss who is flexible you might
        be able to just plan to take time off only if you need
        to, but if you must ask in advance for time off then
        that first week is often a rough time. The first few
        weeks can be kind of rough. It's too bad you can't
        tell in advance how it will affect you!

        =====
        Claudine
        claudinecrews@...

        http://mail.yahoo.com/
      • Lorad8@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 2, 2000
          I like all the job related tips! Unfortunately, or maybe it is FORTUNATELY,
          I am currently unemployed. Lost my job soon after I was diagnosed. I did
          day care, and the parents kind of panicked. Anyway, my hubsand is working
          and has insurance, so at least that is covered. However, except for driving
          my two teenagers all over the universe, I do not have any job commitments.
          For this, right now, I am grateful.

          6 more days........:)
          peace, lora
        • Lorad8@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 2, 2000
            I did call the pharmacy, and they called me back last night and said that the
            "rest" of my month's perscription has been ordered and I can pick it up on
            Tuesday, at NO CHARGE! Well, duh, I hope so! :) I thought I was supposed to
            get a video and ice bag or something with my perscription. Is that right, or
            am I in a total mind warp???

            My doctor said he does not put people on anti-depressants just "because it
            might happen". However, he did tell me that if I need them AFTER I start
            treatment to let him know and he will perscribe.

            It seems that most everyone recommends Ibuprofin for the muscle aches and
            pains. I am on a blood thinner (coumadin) and cannot take anti-inflamatory
            drugs. Any one have a good alternative for me????

            Again, thanks for all your support.
            lora
          • Ken & Pat @home
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 2, 2000
              <<My doctor said he does not put people on anti-depressants just "because it
              might happen". However, he did tell me that if I need them AFTER I start
              treatment to let him know and he will perscribe.>>

              ok here's my uneducated opinon...

              STOOOPID DOC!!!

              It takes WEEKS for antidepressants to fully kick in. On combo you go postal
              in SECONDS.

              What do you do in the interim? Ask him that!

              I got my "kit" (video and bag etc) when I went to the training class.

              Well, I guess Tylenol might work. Maybe some herbal tea? I'm sure someone on
              here has some good advice for that one :)

              alley/Patricia
              ICQ 12631861
              alleypat@...
              http://www.flash.net/~alleypat
            • Pat Post
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 2, 2000
                Hi Lora, I can relate to your anticipation. I was diagnosed 12-99 and
                decided to wait till the Pegalated TX becomes available, which I had heard
                would be around 12-00. How did your biopsy come out? Was there any
                fibrosis or worse? Is that why you are anxious to start the treatment? I
                too am worried a bit about insurance, seems like if something can get
                screwed up with the process it will. Hang in there and keep us posted, this
                list has been very helpful for info and support. Take care, good luck with
                your first shot. Pat P.

                http://profiles.msn.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 2, 2000
                  --- Lorad8@... wrote:

                  > It seems that most everyone recommends Ibuprofin for
                  > the muscle aches and
                  > pains. I am on a blood thinner (coumadin) and
                  > cannot take anti-inflamatory
                  > drugs. Any one have a good alternative for me????

                  Dear Lora,
                  You really shouldn't take ibuprofen anyway,
                  especially on a regular basis since there have been
                  cases of it causing flare-ups of hepatitis in people
                  with hepatitis C.
                  Try Tylenol. You can safely take up to 3 grams
                  daily. (2 extra-strength every 8 hours.) If that
                  doesn't work ask your doctor for Vicodin. That seems
                  to work real well, especially for the headaches
                  associated with treatment.
                  Good luck!

                  =====
                  Claudine
                  claudinecrews@...

                  http://mail.yahoo.com/
                • Lorad8@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 3, 2000
                    Pat, yes, the biopsy showed fibrosis. There was scarring and also, and the
                    whole biopsy showed possible cirhosis. I feel that I need to be doing
                    SOMETHING, especially since I am currently unemployed. Now seemed like the
                    perfect time--if there EVER is a perfect time:)
                    staying positive, lora