Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] supplements

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 3, 2000
      --- rep@... wrote:
      > Claudine,
      > Did your Liver enzymes drop during treatment, and if
      > so did they normalize
      > and remain there during the balance of your
      > treatment?
      > Bob

      Dear Bob,
      Yes, they did go to normal a month or two into
      treatment, and they stayed that way the whole time.
      (Not real low, but about half or less of what they
      were prior to treatment.) That was the one good thing
      about that year (53 weeks), I feel like my liver got a
      break! However, by about 2 or 3 months after I
      stopped they were back up again, with my ALT in the
      80's. I did not have another PCR done for 10 months,
      and I realize now it must have been very high (for me)
      probably within a few weeks of quitting the treatment.
      My PCR was 50,000 when I quit, and at ten months it
      was 806,000. At 11 months it was 440,000. In June it
      was down to 190,000, so it is finally back down to
      about my pre-treatment levels. My ALT was 80. I
      think everything is stable for now.
      Claudine

      =====
      Claudine