Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Digest Number 240

  • 2byteme@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2000
      Dear Suzy:
      Your viral load should have decreased long before this and become
      undetectable. If it did, that would make you a responder, if not, then,
      if you are at 24 weeks, there is no reason to continue with this
      therapy. Also, being genotype 1b, if you respond, you should be treated
      for the full 48 weeks. Marty
    • 2byteme@bellsouth.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2000
        Dear Mickey:
        There are several methods of dealing with a brain tumor without
        opening up the skull, BUT, it all depends on size, location, what they
        think it is, depth, etc. Between the new laser and radiation techniques
        there are some brain tumors that can be fully treated without an
        "invasive" procedure, but, there are risks to any type of tumor removal.
        You could look in Medline and see who is using these techniques. Marty
      • Suzy Balone
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 16, 2000
          Marty,

          Evidently my doc is becoming more educated as he treats more patients, all
          iI did was call , ask the nurse to relay the message to him about 48 weeks,
          said I could bring in articles and they called back a couple days later
          telling me yes, I would be on tx for 48 weeks was happy and not so happy
          as I am feeling pretty bad at times but overall taking it all in stride,
          thanks for the info and help

          Suzy