(unknown)

  • jessiefromchino@xxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 26 , Jan 10, 2000
      Hi everyone this is my first time to share with this group. I am 50 yrs.
      old (ouch) Have had hepc 25 yrs. just found out 2 1/2 years ago but I
      remember when I got it. I got it using drugs . I have not used or drank
      for 24 yrs. I call this cleaning up the wreckage of the past. It took me
      3 doctors to get one that knew any thing about hepc. I am know on the
      combo drugs have been on for two weeks. The worst has been the head
      aches. Most the time the day after the shot. But I did a shot last night
      and NO head ache today.(yea)

      EZ-DOES IT
    • RLWINNE@xx.xxx
      Message 2 of 26 , Jan 10, 2000
        Be sure and drink as much water as you can that will help with the side
        effects and get ready for a bumpy ride some days can be good and others
        really bad so you really appreciate the good days on this treatment when you
        get them. Hang in there and good luck.

        Winne
      • Brendagoez@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 26 , Jan 10, 2000
          Dear Jessie,
          Welcome to the List! My name is Brenda, and I was diagnosed with HCV on
          10/13/98. I failed Intron A treatment and went off of it in Nov. I'm
          currently awaiting my Genotype result. I will more then likely go on the
          Combo even if I am 1a. Those headaches are a killer! I was taking so much
          Ibuprofin it was ridiculous. Not to mention hard on my liver. Now, I've
          learned to live with them. I don't get as many, now that I'm off treatment,
          but every once in awhile I get hit with a major one. Do you live in Chino,
          CA? I noticed your email address and was just curious. I live in San Diego.
          Prior to that I lived in Whittier. Good luck to you.
          Love,
          Bren
        • McCoyAngel@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 26 , Jan 11, 2000
            I went throught the combo...if anyone wants to ask anything about it...you
            can e-mail me. I'll try to answer any questions about my experience with the
            therapy.
            Amy
          • Jmajors21@xxxxx.xxxxxxxx)
            Message 5 of 26 , Jan 11, 2000
            • Suzy Balone
              Message 6 of 26 , Feb 13, 2000
                Hi,

                Can't remember who sent the message but they were being treated at Kaiser
                and they included the name of a pharmacy Fischer(i think ) al
                along with the telephone number , was wondering if you could repeat ,
                wrote it down but can't find the paper , think it got tossed. Think it
                could be ordered on line if you have that address i'd take it too,, meds
                there were 1/3 the cost and this is coming out of my pocket. Thanks would
                appreciate any help I can get

                Suzy

              • Suzy Balone
                Message 7 of 26 , Feb 16, 2000
                  Dr. Misra:

                  Thank You for all your help with those of us who have this disease you are
                  a truly wonderful human being I have a question about my biopsy It
                  showed moderate chronic portal inflammation, piece meal necrosis, mild
                  portl fibrosis My viral count was 1323 X1000 ml. Showed lymphoid aggregates
                  and rare scattered councilman bodies ( which I have no idea what that
                  means) These I understand are reason enough to staart tx I do not know my
                  genotype but plan on asking the doc again to get that test I was dx.'ed
                  last May and those are the only results I have had, what is your opinion
                  Am really struggling with decision since have to pay out of pocket and
                  seems as there are so many promising treatments on the horizon Thank You
                  for Your time and service, I have a dr appt next week alos to discuss
                  these things.

                  Hugs
                  Suzy

                  Message 8 of 26 , Oct 17, 2000
                    thank you Suzy hope you are feeling better too! good on the anti d's

                    went to primary today and got an aristacort LA shot and decadron. already
                    feeling better, and can tell ears are draining some. still having to take
                    half a lortab now and then for pounding head but is slowly better :)

                    Hope you all have a great week.. doc said rest all week

                    alley/Patricia
                    ICQ 12631861
                    alleypat@...
                    http://www.flash.net/~alleypat
                  • Ken & Pat @home
                    Message 9 of 26 , Oct 17, 2000
                      and Suzy.. mine may not be any worse than yours.. you know.. the squeeky
                      wheel gets the grease :) maybe I'm just louder and whinier :) keep on
                      truckin
                      alley/Patricia
                      ICQ 12631861
                      alleypat@...
                      http://www.flash.net/~alleypat
                    • Suzy Balone
                      Message 10 of 26 , Oct 18, 2000
                        Alley,

                        Oh no, i don't believe that, have always admired you since you haven't
                        had very many sides that you've bitched about. I have had some whoppers
                        believe me and had to go through the sme stuff to get something as simple
                        as midrin you put it off I guess as long as you can toleratee then it
                        becomes so unbearable you just can't handle it , just this one yesterday
                        wasn't that bad and I do tend to try not to take too many
                        medications, toughh it out, but you know what, it is reallly not worth
                        it, Why feel like S--- when youe don't haver to even if the meds help
                        a little its worth it till you can get something to get rid of the pain.
                        ugh hate those headaches know what you mean by sittting around with the
                        icepacks, been there thanks to the group Have a better day then you
                        have : )
                        Suzy

                        From: "Ken & Pat @home" <alleypat@...>
                        To: <GIWorld-Hepatitis@egroups.com>
                        Subject: Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] (unknown)
                        Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 00:27:19 -0500

                        http://profiles.msn.com
                        Message 11 of 26 , Dec 18, 2000
                          Dear Harriett,
                          That is really a bummer. I'm really sorry to hear
                          about this. I am a non-responder, but I felt better
                          too for quite a while after I stopped treatment (I was
                          on for 53 weeks.) In almost all cases of relapses the
                          problem is in the sensitivity of the test to detect
                          the virus. There is no test that will detect down to
                          0. The very best test available now, which is not
                          usually used, is a qualitative test that detects down
                          to <5. In most tests you are considered negative or
                          undetectable if it is <100, or <200, or <1000. Or
                          <2000! The sensitivity of the test used to determine
                          response is really important, but to save money the
                          best tests are often not used. And if this particular
                          virus isn't eliminated completely then as soon as
                          treatment is stopped it will almost always immediately
                          begin to reproduce rapidly. Another reason given is
                          that while a person may test negative in blood serum,
                          there may be residual amounts left in the liver, or
                          even some other location, that are not detectable in
                          serum. In other words, you never were completely free
                          of the virus, you just had levels too low to be
                          detected by whatever test your doctor ordered. There
                          have been studies that went back and retested blood
                          samples of responders, non-responders, and relapsers,
                          with extremely sensitive tests and the results showed
                          that in all the cases of responders there was no
                          detectable virus, but in relapsers who had previously
                          been said to be undetectable the new, more sensitive
                          test showed that there was still virus there. I just
                          read a study on this within the past couple of days.
                          If I can refind it I'll post it.
                          I will be very interested to know how your biopsy
                          comes out. Let us know. Have you even had time yet to
                          think about 'what next'? I was leaning towards giving
                          the Roche brand of peg a try, with ribavirin, but
                          after seeing results of Infergen I am considering
                          that. It seems to have very good results with
                          relapsers and non-responders.
                          Good luck,

                          http://shopping.yahoo.com/
                        • Alley/Pat
                          Message 12 of 26 , Dec 18, 2000
                            good luck Harriett!

                            alley
                          • Doc
                            Message 13 of 26 , Mar 11, 2001
                              Hi Suzy,

                              Read with the *

                              > Thank You for all your help with those of us who
                              have this disease you are
                              > a truly wonderful human being I have a
                              question about my biopsy It
                              > showed moderate chronic portal inflammation,
                              piece meal necrosis, mild
                              > portl fibrosis My viral count was 1323 X1000 ml.
                              Showed lymphoid aggregates
                              > and rare scattered councilman bodies ( which
                              I have no idea what that
                              > means)

                              * Councilman bodies indicate that active hepatic
                              necrosis has been going on.These are the dead
                              liver cells being extruded from the liver.

                              These I understand are reason enough to staart
                              tx I do not know my
                              > genotype but plan on asking the doc again to
                              get that test I was dx.'ed
                              > last May and those are the only results I have
                              had, what is your opinion
                              > Am really struggling with decision
                              > Hugs
                              > Suzy

                              * Yes, treatment should be definitely begun, esp
                              if it is for the first time.We must also know your
                              AST/ALT levels and genotype.

                              regards,

                              Dr Sharat C Misra MD, DM
                              Consultant Gastroenterologist & Hepatologist
                            • jcmmo@webtv.net
                              Message 14 of 26 , May 18, 2001
                                Please add
                                Judy Moore, Sauk Rapids, MN

                                http://community.webtv.net/jcmmo/Affirmation
                              • Suzy Balone
                                Message 15 of 26 , Dec 18, 2001
                                  thanks Claudine,
                                  i do think I ate enough protein, but who knows, will get the tests back
                                  tomorrow hopefully, he did check kidneys too, glad to hear someone else has
                                  gotten it, I did some walking on vacation but I did not work out and so was
                                  out of my routine, maybe I sat around more than I thought. It is already
                                  going down some thank goodness, was getting rather uncomfortable. The funny
                                  thing is, he wrote a prescription for a diuretic and I really don't think
                                  I'm peeing that much more , did cut down on my water also though today,
                                  will keep in touch
                                  Thank you again
                                  Suzy

                                • Patricia Jean
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Apr 11, 2002
                                    send me a private email with your addy and phone number and I'll package up
                                    what I've got and send it to you. I've got interferon also if you want it
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Apr 11, 2002
                                      Someone does....there was a post about it in the last couple days. I
                                      don't remember who it was though so hopefully they will respond to this
                                      message.

                                      Chelle2266@... wrote:

                                      > Everyone/Anyone: I am currently on treatment and have been since
                                      > January. My co pay is $575 per month for the Rebetrol due to my
                                      > horrible pharmacy benefit on Aetna. I was just wondering if anyone
                                      > has any left over Rebetrol (I have the pills)? Thanks so much.
                                      >
                                      > Chelle2266@...
                                      >
                                      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                                      [Click Here!]

                                      If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know
                                      each other. If you do not talk to them, you will not know them, And what
                                      you do not know you will fear. What one fears one destroys. ~Chief Dan
                                      George~

                                    • Constance Dickson
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Apr 12, 2002
                                        I have some of both. I need to know if it the pills
                                        (Ribavarin) or the injection, (Interferon), is what
                                        you need or both. I have several, 3 mill iu's ampules
                                        of the Interferon. I am not on the Peg or whatever it
                                        is called.
                                        Connie

                                        --- Patricia Jean <patriciajean@...> wrote:
                                        > send me a private email with your addy and phone
                                        > number and I'll package up
                                        > what I've got and send it to you. I've got
                                        > interferon also if you want it

                                        http://taxes.yahoo.com/
                                      • willem landstra
                                        Message 19 of 26 , May 24, 2002
                                          HI.Contact chelle2266@.... is on the group.She might need it.I.hve already send her a month supply.William
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Jan 23, 2003
                                            Suzy...

                                            Anxiety is pretty natural in tx and I believe it is also part of the virust too. There are homeopathic anti-anxiety or calming blends and homepathy is pretty safe and some things work amazingly. I go the Merz Apothecary in Chicago where there are several homepaths who own the place...they have a web site you might want to check into. This is the link to the homeopathic section of their site: http://www.smallflower.com/category.html?web_area=2&category_id=2666

                                            I think, but am not sure that zanax is used pretty regularly with folks with hep c if you go the prescription route. But Claundine or someone will know better than me.

                                            My choice would be acupuncture...but I believe in acupuncture for most everything so am pretty darn biased. <g>

                                            Message 21 of 26 , Jan 23, 2003
                                              HI , I would suggest you begin the anti-anxiety right away.
                                              I used to clench my jaws and take little sighs all during the day.
                                              those are signs of stress.
                                              Your fellow hepper,
                                              Donna

                                              Message 22 of 26 , Nov 30, 2004
                                                If you aren't going to sustain your response (you were 1b, right?), you will know when they do the one month post treatment test. If you don't sustain your response, the virus replicates very fast. Hope you can sustain your response.

                                                Message 23 of 26 , Nov 30, 2004
                                                  Yes, I am a 1b. So, am I reading your response right? I should be
                                                  virus free through treatment, but afterwards is the real test?
                                                  <><Tammie><>

                                                  --- In GIWorld-Hepatitis@yahoogroups.com, "Tatezi" <tatezi@s...>
                                                  wrote:
                                                  > If you aren't going to sustain your response (you were 1b, right?),
                                                  you will know when they do the one month post treatment test. If you
                                                  don't sustain your response, the virus replicates very fast. Hope you
                                                  can sustain your response.
                                                • Shshonee (Alley)
                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Nov 30, 2004
                                                    You got your mid treatment / first 6 mo pcr right? to see if you should continue treatment the next 6 mo.

                                                    You will probably get a pcr at the end of treatment or close to it, then if you are clear, another pcr 6 mo or so after finishing treatment. If you are clear at the 6 mo post treatment pcr, you should stay clear quite a while.

                                                    I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

                                                  • w.m.landstra
                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Dec 1, 2004
                                                      HI.In my case they took a pcr after 6 months stopping treatment,after that one more 6 months after.If that one is clear too,negative,then you.re called a sustained responder.

                                                      Message 26 of 26 , Dec 1, 2004
                                                        Yep, afterwards is the biggie. I was undetectable at 2 months during treatment and stayed undetectable all the way through treatment. My first post lab at one month got lost so we did another one and my viral load was already up to 4milion. At 4 months post treatment, my viral load was 8million. It is so hard to eradicate the virus when you are a 1b.

                                                        Keep Willem as your role model. After 3 rounds of treatment he finally has sustained his response...and it's been probably a year+.