Re: Connie-VIP

  • byteme
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2000
      Dear Connie:
      I hope by the time you get this, you have been to the doctor. I
      could list multiple problems that might fit the pattern you wrote about,
      and some can be serious. If you have not done so, you need to see your
      physician, or go to the ER.
      I am not saying this to scare you, for the sake of being scared,
      but, with the abdomen, the treatment, the rash and everything else, you
      need IMMEDIATE evaluation. If thats not enough to get you to see someone
      now, then maybe this might be= you could DIE, if this is serious.
      Whenever you are dealing with the abdomen there are so many
      potential problems that can occur. Some of these problems are a nothing,
      and some can be life threatening, and there are a variety in between.
      All your symptoms may be related, or they may not, but you need to find
      out! Also, if these are related, then why, and what if anything should
      be changed. If there is something else going on, it may or may not need
      immediate attention.
      You must understand that pain and swelling do not always pinpoint
      the source of the problem. If it is your liver, then why? If you are
      getting something called ascities, (that is fluid that collects in the
      abdomen because the body is not getting rid of it properly, frequently
      seen with liver disease), you may need the fluid taken off, which is not
      the most pleasant, but it is not bad if done properly. Too much fluid
      will cause your organs to shift, and create pressure on your diaphragm,
      bladder, etc., and can become very, very uncomfortable, and dangerous.
      Some people feel it as chest pain, some feel it on the opposite side of
      where the problem is, etc.
      From your symptoms, until other things are ruled out, this may have
      nothing to do with the HCV, and may just be coincidental. But, a kink in
      the bowel, a ruptured appendix, an ulcer, an infection, etc., can happen
      to anyone, and can be very dangerous to anyone. Thats the problem, you
      don't know until certain tests are run and you are sure what it is not.
      If it turns out to be nothing, then you spent some time getting
      tests you may not normally have needed. If it is something, it needs to
      be treated. I live in Central Florida, so I can not even advise which
      Hospital to go to. But, I have this motto that has not failed me yet;
      "When in doubt, send them out". That means to the ER where they can get
      the MRIs, lab tests, X-rays, etc., done immediately, and give you some
      clue as to what is next.
      Please, for your own sake, make sure you get this evaluated as soon
      as possible. Also, if you want, please let me know what happens. I'll be
      thinking of you, and hope the best. Marty