Online petition: Make Hep C victims eligible for Social Security Benefits

  • Jason
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2000
      Hi,

      I think you may be interested to take a look at this:

      Online petition: Make Hep C victims eligible for Social Security
      Benefits
      Addressed to: Mr. Kenneth Apfel, Commissioner, SSA
      Sponsored by: Kathryn Morse
      Web site: http://www.i-charity.net/bin/ptn/43/tfref/5502

      Not only can you sign this petition online, but also
      you may leave a comment and a link to your web site.
      You can also read the comments of other people who
      signed this petition. So far there are 3358 signatures.

      Here is a brief description of this petition:

      Hepatitis C affects one in sixty Americans. It can be
      physically debilitating and treatment is very expensive.
      Despite the debilitating effects of the Hepatitis C virus,
      the Social Security Administration denies benefits for
      victims of this virus. This petition is to the Commissioner
      of Social Security, Mr. Kenneth Apfel, asking for a change
      in this policy.

      This message was sent to you by your friend:
      jason