Re: [GIWorld-Hepatitis] Feeling Low Help?

  • Mzgee1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 6, 2000
      Your viral load has little to do with being symptomatic. There are folks
      with full blown cirrhosis that are not symptomatic and have no idea they are
      sick until quite accidentally it's discovered that they either have elevated
      enzymes or during a gall bladder proceedure the liver appears cirrhotic! You
      are a unique individual. Your doc should realize that this disease is
      different for each person. We all may share in some of the same
      symptoms..but none of us will feel EXACTLY the same given the same set of
      circumstances. Get another opinion. Yes, your viral load is low. Have you
      been tested for cryoglobulinemia? iron deficiency? How about Fibromyalgia?
      There are a host of extra-hepatic manifestations related to Hepatitis C that
      can cause these and other symptoms. The culprit though, is HCV. Did you
      known that chronic pain causes a depletion in the hormone that rushes to help
      us when we are in pain?? or lack of REM sleep can also cause certain hormonal
      deficiencies which result in decrease tolerance of pain, noise etc. and
      increase in fatigue? This disease is the "Gift that keep on Giving"!!!!
      Your Doc may need educating. Go to Hepatitis-Central's site. Vikki has a
      wealth of info there. Print out things you think your doc SHOULD know but
      doesn't. I have done that several times and the truly comitted docs
      appreciate it. Sometimes (most times?) we are better educated about our
      disease...for good reason! Good luck with your research. If your doc's ego
      doesn't get in the way, he'll thank you for passing the info on. mzgee

      "We can do no great things; only small things with great Love." Mother Teresa